PDA

View Full Version : POLY Garden View - Which Building?

Bohms4
05-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Looks like we'll be staying at POLY next year and I just wanted to get your input as to which building to request (we'll be getting a Garden View). I read that some Garden Views are better than others. Thanks for your input.

llamaface
05-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Our favorite is Fiji....

Bohms4
05-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks llama - any special reason why?

mickeefan
05-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Our favorite garden view is Samoa. On one side is the volcano pool and on the other is the quiet pool.
You are close to the GCH and also just a short walk from the beach for viewing the water parade and fireworks.

threeh
05-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey Bohms4!!

Google tikiman 2001, he has a great site with pictures of all the buildings of the Polynesain and the different views.

Happy planning and enjoy...the Polynesain is fabulous and I hope you have a wonderful trip!!:mickey:

Bohms4
05-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone! Looking foward to our stay at POLY....I haven't stayed there since the 70's!!!

NLODisney
05-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Our favorite building is Fiji. We have had rooms on both sides of Fiji twice we had great views of the marina both times on the first floor and one on the third floor with a view of the lagoon. Fiji is really close to the GCH and Captain Cooks also close to the main pool.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
05-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I love Samoa! We had a great room there 2 summers ago. On the first floor facing the volcano pool. We could just walk out the sliding door, over the grass to the pool area or to see Wishes. It was beautiful! I hope that we get as nice a room in July!!!

Bohms4
05-27-2007, 12:13 PM
JC&Ali's Mom & Mickeefan - you both said that you liked Samoa b/c the volcano pool is right outside it. Did you find it to be noisy or too much foot traffic going by the room? We're hoping to get a 1st floor room with my sister's family right next door so that we can hang out on the patio at night while the kids are sleeping.

TexasPrincessAurora
05-27-2007, 12:14 PM
We loved Tokelau. Some of the rooms actually have a lagoon view for a garden view price. It's by the beach so it's a great building to view fireworks from, if you're on the right end. It's next to the quiet pool which is very nice. It's about halfway between the GCH and the TTC, so for transportation purposes it can't be beat.

Definitely check out tikiman2001's page. He has the best info that will help you make the best decision for your trip!

llamaface
05-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Both times we stayed in Fiji we were on the side facing Luau Cove. At night you can hear the luau, which we love!! You can also see the lagoon from that side as well. I could not have asked for a better view. It's just so peaceful.

pshokie
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
As long as you are not going during the first week of May**, I would recommend the Tokelau, especially with kids. Walking to all "locations" at the Poly from Tokelau is pretty quick and easy. Nothing is more than a 5 minutes walk. GCH, TTC, pools, everything. Plus the quiet pool is just that, quiet. Never saw more than 15 people in it at one time. The Volcano pool can get quite crowded and rowdy at times, never saw it with less than 100 during the daytime. And the graden side is very tranquil, no "passers by". So if noise/sleeping is an issue.....

Tokelau gets my vote. And I second (or is it third) googling tikimans website. It will help a lot!

**The first week in May is when we are going, and I would hate to have a throw down over you taking my room at the Tokelau. :D

tikiman
05-29-2007, 10:51 AM
My picks for Garden view room would be in this order.

Tokelau (for the reasons TexasPrincessAurora mentioned) and because the rooms are larger and have balconies on both upper floors.

Samoa (location)
Fiji and Rarotonga are a tie with Rarotonga having the better location and Fiji having the better view.
Tahiti
Aotearoa
Rapa Nui

I use to save Niue as last because it is smoking but in June it will no longer be smoking so I might put it in a tie with Samoa.

Bohms4
05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Yes, I've seen Tikiman's website...it's a HUGE help!
Pshokie - I don't think we're going the first week in May, I think we're looking towards the last week in April so we won't have to battle it out for the room! :thedolls:
Thanks for all of your responses!

Bohms4
05-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Tikiman - just saw your post. Thanks for the input and thanks for all of that info on your website. It is truly a WEALTH of information! I appreciate it!

NJMan66
05-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Bohms4!!

Google tikiman 2001, he has a great site with pictures of all the buildings of the Polynesain and the different views.

Happy planning and enjoy...the Polynesain is fabulous and I hope you have a wonderful trip!!:mickey:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The tikiman2001 site is amazing!

threeh
05-29-2007, 10:52 PM

Too true!! Enjoy!!!:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
05-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Tokelau gets my vote too. We stayed there in January. We had a third floor room. It had a balcony with a view of the walkway and the grounds. It was really nice. We never stayed to long in the room anyway:blush: I love the Poly. I can't imagine a bad room or building:mickey:

pshokie
05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Okay class, let's do a small recap on what we learned today....

Hey Bohms4!!

Definitely check out tikiman2001's page. He has the best info that will help you make the best decision for your trip!

Tokelau gets my vote. And I second (or is it third) googling tikimans website. It will help a lot!

Yes, I've seen Tikiman's website...it's a HUGE help!

Tikiman - just saw your post. Thanks for the input and thanks for all of that info on your website. It is truly a WEALTH of information! I appreciate it!

We keep this up, and Intercot just might replace the "Resorts: Polynesian" link with a "Just go to Tikiman's Website". ;)

Seriously, great job Tikiman! :thumbsup:

kmo84
05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I just got back from a 5 night stay.

We had a first floor room in the Tokelau building. We were just steps from the bus stop and very close to the volcano pool. Our room overlooked the quiet pool.

What a great location!

Hope you have as much fun as we did!:tikki:

Polynesian Dweller
05-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Another vote for Tokelau. All floors have a patio or balcony, not every building at the Poly has second floor balconies. Also, because of its orientation, as some say you can get a lagoon view for garden price in some rooms, and you can see the fireworks by leaning over you balcony. :tikki::papple:

tikiman
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Okay class, let's do a small recap on what we learned today....

We keep this up, and Intercot just might replace the "Resorts: Polynesian" link with a "Just go to Tikiman's Website". ;)

Seriously, great job Tikiman! :thumbsup:

Either that or just ban me and my site from the forum like other Discussion boards have because I am redirecting their traffic ;)

I am glad that everyone finds my site helpful.

Aloha

Steve