PDA

View Full Version : Late November/Early December weather

jenperich
05-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Usually I go to WDW in May when it is very hot. But, this year we're going Nov. 24 to Dec. 2. How is the weather?? Thanks!

Goofeygal
05-25-2007, 11:56 PM
We were there the first week of dec. this past year and it was pretty cool some days and warm on others. It can go either way. The nites get pretty cold though.

kakn7294
05-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Crazy! We were there from Dec 2 - 9 last year and some days it was 80 and we wore shorts and other days it was 50 and we froze watching the Candlelight Processional. Just take lots of clothes suitable for layering and be prepared for anything!

Strmchsr
05-26-2007, 09:06 AM
As Kathy said, it can be crazy. There is no way to know what the weather will be in November or December. In June, I can pretty much give you the forecast every day, but for that time period you'll just have to wait until the days before you actually leave to know. It could be in the 80s with sun or 40s with rain or somewhere in between. You get the full spectrum during that time and often in the same week.

MsMin
05-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Once you've froze you never forget. It can drop in the 30's real quick and as mentioned 50's are cold when the humidity is up and the wind is blowing. My dad who is 76 had to go back to the room b/c he was so cold, he even purchased a beach towel to wrap around his flannel shirt. We were comfortable in sweatshirts and sweaters but w/something under it to keep the wind out.
Remember too that small children in strollers are not moving as much and may be colder than you and elderly may feel the cold more or may be like my dad who is on blood thinners and can't tolerate cold and anyone else with any medical conditions may need more protection. Reading the thermometer can be deceiving; but , that time of year is worth it :minnie:

scootch713
05-26-2007, 10:24 PM
The days were warm enough for shorts... with hoodie/light jacket till about 11am...... not quite warm enough to swim, unless you have fish like I do. :blush: We were the only ones in the pool. I had brought layers and light jackets, but had bought the kids heavier coats at disney and had them hid in my coats as christmas presents... but couple nights, we needed them, once the sun goes down(about 530pm) it got downright cold.

dtootsie42
05-27-2007, 09:06 PM
We have gone the first week of December several times. Sometimes it is really, really warm and we will be in shorts and tank tops. Other times it is so cold we have had to bundle up. One time it rained like crazy and we were trying to dry out shoes all week long. My advice bring a combination of clothing and expect the unexpected.