PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Inn

iluvmickey16
05-25-2007, 08:04 PM
I have reservations at BWI for the first week in August. I am wondering what those of you who've stayed there in the past thought of the resort. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Maleficent's Dad
05-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Great resort!

Location is great. Pool is great. Dining is great. (Get the idea?)

We often find ourselves at the BW, and I have to tell you that walking into EPCOT is so convenient (especially for dinner). We also walk (from the villas) to MGM.

The pool on the villa's side (Luna Park) is wonderful with a great slide. The only quiet pool we've visited is on the villa's side. Quite a nice place with a Community Hall.

Dining options abound here - Flying Fish, Big River, ESPN, and Spoodles on the BW. Go over to the YC/BC for more options; you can also hit the Swan/Dolphin. However, our favorite option is heading into EPCOT's WS for dinner. Too many good choices there!!!

If you want to rent a boat or have reserved an Illuminations Cruise, head to the YC's marina.

There are tennis courts on the villa's side, very close to the MGM walkway.

Overall, great resort. Admittedly, I'm biased as I call the BWV "home!" :mickey:

MrPeetrie
05-25-2007, 09:42 PM
We stayed at the Boardwalk and absolutely LOVED IT! It's one of the BEST ON PROPERTY. For one, the location is tremendous. You get to enter Epcot from the International Gateway. And if you have ADRs for breakfast, you get to walk around the World Showcase a little without the crowds. Great for Pictures!

Also, this is one resort where it's worth the extra money for a water view. It is gorgeous!

The shopping is tremendous and there are many great food options. And, the Yacht & Beach Club is right across Crescent Lake. I cannot recommend this resort any higher.

NH Disneyfan
05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I too liked the Boardwalk. It was a beautiful resort in a terrific location. That being said, here's what I didn't like:

With a baby, our room looked out over the back side facing EPCOT. Cool right - well, not when fireworks woke up the little guy and caused panic.

I don't like how the hotel lobby is one floor above the boardwalk. To get coffee each morning I had to walk down to the Boardwalk bakery. It wasn't easy for quick food and the walk to the pool with the slide from the hotel was far and down that level.

Again, beautiful resort, just a couple things that would make me think twice about staying there again.

Donald A
05-25-2007, 10:53 PM
It is a nice resort.

Pros:
- Close to EPCOT and MGM
- Charming, especially at night and early in the morning
- Large deluxe rooms
- Excellent detail with decorations in the lobby and common areas
- There is a dance hall and piano bar and several table service restaurants.

Cons:
- Most rooms are far from the lobby and entrance to the Boardwalk. Therefore they are far from the walkway to EPCOT, Bus terminal and Ferry port.
- Parking lot is very far from hotel (Perhaps the worse I have seen distance-wise)
- Lack of good counter service (There isn't even a cafeteria type place to sit). Just a bakery and pizza window. You could walk over to the beach club but it isn't a "little hop."