PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Magic Tour questions

mickey-mouse35
05-25-2007, 06:45 PM
OK, I'm seriously considering taking the backstage magic tour if I can talk DH into it--I have NO DESIRE to do two days at Universal/IOA :(, so maybe I could do tour one day while he's doing that :D. Anyway, a few questions for those who have done this:
* How tiring is/how much walking/standing vs riding around in the bus, etc. takes place on the Backstage Magic Tour? I can do my share of power walking but like to take sitdown breaks often--are there places on the tour to do this or is it mostly standing?
* Since DH will have the car for Universal, how much would it cost for a taxi from Kissimmee to Epcot?
* Do you think it's ok to do the tour alone?

This will be my first tour, but I thought it would be cool to do all the parks since I love them all. Thanks for any insight!!!

Seasonscraps
05-26-2007, 09:04 AM
The tour is long and there is quite a bit of walking/standing but there are several places where you stop and rest plus you also get to sit when you ride the Jungle Cruise & Haunted Mansion and at lunch. I think it's perfectly fine to do the tour alone.

I am not sure about the cab ride.

Enjoy!

WLD4
05-26-2007, 09:10 AM
We did the tour last week. It probably averages out to about one bus ride per hour, so you get to sit between parks and buildings. None of us got tired from it -- we didn't want it to end!

There were a few people doing the tour alone -- they just paired up to be "bus buddies".

Have fun!

2Epcot
05-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I did the tour several years ago, and didn't feel like I was standing a long time. I don't think it is any worse then a regular day of visiting the parks on your own. I also agree, that you actually wish it could be longer. I found the whole thing facinating.

wilshade
05-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Don't let anything stop you from taking that tour!

I took that tour during a year where my legs were really bad and I am glad I did not change my mind.

The tour guides are the most knowledgeable CMs you are most likely ever to encounter. Their stories, alone, are worth the investment in time and money.

It is highly likely that you will have several "special" moments along the way. While we were at the character wardrobe department, we ran into "Cinderella" getting her hair done.

We also watched while they worked on a new costume for Jasmine.

In the animatonic shop, we were introduced to the guys that did the machine work on the robotics. All of them have been at WDW since the park opened.

There are many more such experiences during the tour. Dont miss it!