PDA

View Full Version : Five in a room at POR?

tavera
05-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Last minute my mother in law decided to go with us in Sept - 17-22nd. So we were able to move from POFQ to Riverside so we could have a trundle.
Is the room any bigger than the rooms at POFQ? Or the same size? Will we be squished lol! Also, during free dining will POR be just slam-packed? Or will everyone be at the values instead??

lindique
05-25-2007, 06:04 PM
The rooms are POR and POFQ are all the same size. During the day, the trundle bed is stored under the bed that's next to the door - at night you pull it out. It will probably block the door somewhat when it's pulled out, but it will not interfere with the rest of the room at all.

The beds are only full sized, not queens, by the way. For 3 adults and 2 kids, I would go with 2 rooms at a Value hotel - you'll have much more room and 2 bathrooms. And everyone won't have to go to sleep and get up and the same time.

Squeaky Mouse
05-25-2007, 06:09 PM
The trundle is smaller than a regular twin, too. We're staying 5 in a POR room in July.

illini
05-25-2007, 06:28 PM
We've done POR with 2 adults and 3 kids, the youngest being under three both times. It's pretty tight. I'd do it again if I needed to, but honestly I don't think I could handle 3 adults in that room.

I believe the trundle bed is 54" long. Too short for my 8 y/o DD.

wdwfan
05-25-2007, 07:43 PM
With 5 people, I'd go for two rooms (request connecting w/five they should guarantee) at value. The extra bathroom is worth it in itself. If you can afford to do two at mod. go for it.

tavera
05-26-2007, 03:59 AM
the only problem is $ - for 2 rooms at POFQ our total went from 1642 to 2900 - that's 1300 more just for the room and MIL tickets.
By doing the 5 room at Riverside, it only changed b;y $266. So it's a huge price difference..

Kairi_7378
05-27-2007, 08:32 AM
My aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins stayed at POR last year. They were the ones that recommended it to us. My cousins are all over 6 feet tall and play sports, so they aren't small. My uncle is also a big guy. They didn't have problems sharing a room- they did say that it was nice to have the curtain to separate the bathroom from the sleeping area. The only time I can see it being a problem is getting ready in the morning... but while some people are getting ready, other people can have coffee at the newly renovated Riverside Mill and watch the ducks swimming on the Bayou.