PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Toppers

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-25-2007, 04:38 PM
i was just curious as to what antenna toppers people have on their vehicles right now??? mine is the black pirates mickey and DH has the blue stitch... what's yours (if you have one)?

SpecJoe Magic
05-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Mine is currently a hybrid Mickey/Cinderella Castle. I realize that it sounds weird, but if you've seen that set of 4 (Goofy/Epcot, Pluto/MGM, Donald/Animal Kingdom), then you'll know what I mean. DW's topper is a classic Minnie right now.

SallyfromDE
05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I can't keep one on my car. My neighbor thinks he's funny and when he walks in the morning, it takes it off and puts on another car on the street. Of course he denys it's him. But I know better. I started to collect them. I want to get a stand so I can display them.

EmiB
05-25-2007, 05:46 PM
They should really make stands for them!
I have at least 100 or so antennae toppers sitting on top of my dresser.

TennesseeTink
05-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Right now I have Tinkerbell, I thought she was sorta Spring-like. I also have a snowman with Mickey ears for winter, a Mickey with sunglasses for summer, and several for the holidays. It's one of the few things I collect...antenna toppers and mini snowglobes.:cloud9:

SallyfromDE
05-25-2007, 07:43 PM

They do. I've found a couple a nice looking single stands. Then there is a guy on EBAY that makes them for 6 or 8 toppers. I forget what I used to do a search, but I've found them a couple of times.

Wolf
05-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I can't keep one on my car. My neighbor thinks he's funny and when he walks in the morning, it takes it off and puts on another car on the street. Of course he denys it's him. But I know better. I started to collect them. I want to get a stand so I can display them.

Wait outside your house hidden and peg him upside the house with some big rocks.:medic:

AwPhooey
05-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I currently have Uncle Sam Mickey on my car for Memorial Day.

The only toppers I have are the holiday ones, so I need to get some others to use at other times of the year.

tundramom
05-25-2007, 08:49 PM
I have 40+ but :(ly no antenna ( our Passat got totaled and the new models don't have them). I too am looking for a way to display them! I would have my pirate from DL on right now.

disneyfan1124
05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I have regular black Mickey Ears and DH has Baseball Mickey Ears--we change every month or so though as we too have quite a collection!

showmethemouse
05-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Mine was a light blue one but this winter the ears fill off of it so i change it to a black one .

Wolf
05-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Mine right now is Animal Kingdom Safari Mickey. But as of tomarow its going back to Pirate Mickey cause I get to see POTC *dances*

EmiB
05-25-2007, 10:54 PM
They do. I've found a couple a nice looking single stands. Then there is a guy on EBAY that makes them for 6 or 8 toppers. I forget what I used to do a search, but I've found them a couple of times.

Thanks for the tip!
I'll have to look him up ASAP!

Nini
05-25-2007, 11:33 PM
MIne is the half gold one from the last celebration - "Happiest Celebration on Earth"?

I hang mine from my rear-view mirror though. I have a Ford Focus, and the antenna slants back low over the roof of the car. I bought some little screw things with a small eye on top, and some black elastic thread. No one has ever stolen one either!!

Denise :mickey:

celebrationasheley
05-26-2007, 12:22 AM
CM helping hand mickey glove with finger pointing and a star on top... on my sky blue matrix. I made a wooden dowel topper stand. I only put duplicates on my car...

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Mickey with sunglasses! :cool:

Tink#64
05-26-2007, 07:33 AM
I have Pirates too! I saw another car yesterday with Pirates also! I love my toppers, I have about 15. One for each holiday, seasons, some sports & just some for fun! My DS's & I love to spot toppers on other cars! You see alot of Mickey's but not many "special ones" like the holidays & such! That is a great idea - to display the toppers, I don't know why I hadn't thought of that! Mine are in boxes. :(
I'm going to get DH to make something to display them on!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the great idea!:mickey:

SallyfromDE
05-26-2007, 08:57 AM

The LaughingPlaceStore has the spring stand. It would be good to if someone has the retractable antenna, they could use it on thier dash. I've never purchased from them. There is also Antennaballworld. I've never bought from them either. But I'm always looking for a stand. I did look at Ebay, but I didn't see the guy that makes the multi stand. There are stands for a bicycle and a suction cup stand.

T-Belle
05-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I have my favorite one on now, it's Mickey with legs.:wave: But in honor of the new POC movie, I'll probably put my pirate one on. :pirate:

DisneyDudet
05-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I have a plain ole baby blue one on my car. All my others are collectors... and too many stories of thieves scare me. I put that one on cuz it was cheap and if its stolen, I'm not out a souvie that means something to me. The plain Disney Store ones are the best for my car!

My parents bought me a golf ball display case for Christmas for my toppers, but I have yet to put it up, because I really don't have the wall space in here. But its an idea for everyone!

ibrowse17
05-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I have the classic black Mickey ears most of the time. DW bought the holiday pack on our last trip, and we use those as well. DW has Tinkerbell on her car:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
05-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Classic black! It's one I purchased at WDW.:mickey:
I need to change it the golf ball style.:golf:

Marilyn Michetti
05-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I only have about 12, but here's what I do with them. The antennea holes are the perfect size for the "eatin end" of chopsticks. I have a piece of styrofoam tucked into a small window box, and just stick the chopsticks into the foam. Add a few leaves or whatever, and put them on the kitchen counter or a window. They're cute.:blush:

EmiB
05-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Those are both great ideas!!

We should make a thread devoted to where to put antennae toppers other than the car.

A Big Kid
05-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Mickey with sunglasses! :cool:

Me too................on my police car.

LudwigVonDrake
05-27-2007, 10:44 AM
I used to have a Red, White and Blue Mickey one but after several years, the weather basically destroyed it. I am going to look at WDW in July to see if I can pick out a new one :mickey:

mainemajor
05-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I have the Flag Mickey, dw has nemo one ds has mgm's hat while other ds does not have one. Got to have a talk with that boy.

Hayden's Dad
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM
My DW collects them and has close to fifty now. We have a small "shelf" for lack of a better word in the back of our car between the back seat and the back window and she velcros them to this shelf, that way we don't have to worry about losing any on the antenna.

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I have a smiling Stitch on mine!

DMApixie
05-29-2007, 02:45 PM
On my car is the half glitter-gold one - "Happiest Celebration on Earth" from DL. I check EVERY day to make sure it hasn't been stolen...so far, so good. :mickey:

I have three more that I made into a Christmas tree ornaments. I looped and pinned ribbon between the ears and used a matching paint-pen to write the year on the back above the WDW/DL mark. Brings up such good memories when I see them on the tree!

half glitter-gold one - "Happiest Celebration on Earth" from WDW 2005

half glitter-gold one - "Happiest Celebration on Earth" from DL 2006

half glitter-blue one - "YOMD" from WDW 2007 (I can't wait to put this one on the tree!)

2Epcot
05-29-2007, 03:01 PM
On my car is the half glitter-gold one - "Happiest Celebration on Earth" from DL. I check EVERY day to make sure it hasn't been stolen...so far, so good.

That is one of the two that I have. The other one is a China flag Mickey, for my wife. I haven't had any on my car for many years, both I keep inside my home. Since I send A/V signals all over my home I have several antennas inside to choose from.

Marker
05-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Me too................on my police car.

Ok, I've got your basic black, with "Disney World" written in white.

But when I read this, I had a visual...... of a police car chasing my mustang, both with Mickey Antenna toppers. (not that I'd ever give a police car a reason to come after me):car:

Momof2boys
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I have Sorcerer Mickey on my car - but have numerous ones laying around. I had my golden ears on, but read how people had theirs stolen so I didn't want to take the chance.

missouridisney
05-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I have the red, white and blue one on, because I love anything Disney and Patriotic (check out the Jim Shore statues) but they do seem to fade, so try to always get a new one when I get the chance to go. A few years ago was driving drown the road, and a bird flew right into it and knocked it off and I lost it, of all the space he had to fly in and he flew into my Mickey antenna topper. I have a couple of Holiday ones, pumpkin head, turkey with mouse ears and Mickeys head with Santa cap. I love to see people with toppers on here in Central Mo.

Kate In Wonderland
05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I have a Sorceror Mickey head and my DH has a pirate Mickey head (from DLR). It says "Dead Men Tell No Tales" on the back of it. And he has a "backup" pirate one that is a little different that we got at WDW.
Great thread! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I used to have a gold glitter Mickey topper, and I had just bought an animal topper for myself :animal: and Stitch for my brother :stitch2:

Unfortunately I seem to have no luck and they have all been stolen withing a week of being placed on the car. (see decline of neighborhood thread in Water Cooler)
I think I'm going to use Marilyn's suggestion and make flower arrangements when I buy my next few.

mainemajor
05-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I messed up with an earlier post. Son #2 has a Tigger topper on his car. I did not know that he had one on his car.:tigger:

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
05-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Right now, I have the baseball Mickey and DH has Lightening McQueen.

I love the toppers - they always help me find my car in crowded parking lots!

tyandskyesmom
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
We have the castle on ours!

kakn7294
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I have Minnie on my radio and Steeler helmet on my Jeep. DH has a really cool one - it's Mickey wearing a Steeler helmet. Ours actually hang from the rear-view mirror rather than top the antenna. They can't be stolen that way!

Bethanymouse
05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
These are great! I have minnie mouse ears with her bow...so cute!

GrmGrninGost
06-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Right now we have the 50th Anniv. topper. We have most of the holiday ones we use throughout the year.:mickey:

snifflesmcg
06-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Sadly, I don't have one. I'll be getting my first soon.

Suz36
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Right now I just have a light blue Mickey. I have lots of holiday ones for throughout the year. Looking forward to getting a princess and a pirate one on our next trip. The kids love spotting them as we're driving around, and they do make it easy to spot your car! I love all of the display ideas - much better than in the boxes with the other holiday decorations. Wonder if my husband would mind if I took down his golf ball collection????

Chrisx2
06-13-2007, 02:31 PM
My DH has a camouflage Mickey on his. (Goes with his uniform...)

Sadly, I don't have an antenna anymore. I actually was trying to think of a "fake antenna" option.

We have a nice collection including a topper for each country in the World Showcase.:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I have a Stitch one in a safari outfit.

DisneyWitch
06-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I have Uncle Sam Mickey on right now, but usually it's the Haunted Mansion one with the wings. I have a black PT Cruiser done up like a hearse so that one fits best. I do change them for the holidays though. I go every weekend and my husband says I can't spend any money so antenna toppers are one of the few things I can get away with.
Go to Disney and not spend money?! What's he thinking?? :confused:

Grumpy's Daughter
06-15-2007, 09:23 PM
DH has the pirates topper on, and I have Nemo. We have to remember to take it off before we drive through the safari at Great Adventure next week- I'm sure that the baboons would love to play with the toppers!

mainemajor
07-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Since the 4th of July has passed I have switched mine from the Mickey Stars and Stripes to an Animal Kingdom - the one with a pith helmet