PDA

View Full Version : napping at Pop

septembergirl
05-25-2007, 02:25 PM
I have heard that some rooms are noisier than others. Will DD3 (who is a fairly light sleeper) be able to nap midday if we are staying in a room near the pool or should I try to request one on the other side?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I can't speak for POP but if it's a typical hotel pool, there will be noise. A little ways away might be better.

JCDarzi
05-25-2007, 04:31 PM
The last two years, we have stayed at the Pop with our DD4 and DS2. We have had good luck with a quiet room in the 50s building. It's fairly close to Classic Hall and close to the pool. Our room last year was 1439 on the 4th floor Building 1. This put us on the back side of the hotel away from the noise. It might make sense to be off the ground floor to keep down on people traffic noise.

While our room was quiet, I think that if you do get near the pool you will have trouble at nap time and bed time. Lots of kids stay up way past their bedtime on vacation and spend the extra time at the pool. We have been surprised as to how many young kids were at the pool playing (sometimes loudly) well after a normal bedtime.

grumpycajun
05-25-2007, 05:24 PM
We stay at POP and the quietest rooms we've found are on the pond side away from the pool. It's not only nap time you need to consider, but night time too. Last year there was a group of people in the pool making all kinds of noise at 2:00 am. Fortunately, it only happened one night. I think there's a pool closing time, but it wasn't enforced that night.

wilshade
05-25-2007, 05:31 PM
I've stayed at Pop twice. Once in the 60's facing Hourglass Lake and once in 50's in a ground floor corner room right next to the Juke Box.

Midday naps near a pool shouldnt be a problem. The pools are not all that busy then. However, from 4pm on, it is a different story. Folks are coming back from the parks and cooling off before heading out to dinner. Others are ending their day with an evening in the pools. So, falling to sleep at night might be tougher than at nap time.

LudwigVonDrake
05-25-2007, 08:04 PM
I stayed at Pop in 2004 in the 60s building on the top floor facing the pool. We had no problems with noise during the whole trip :smickey:

BrerGnat
05-26-2007, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't be worried about pool noise as much as "toilet flushing/people talking/vacuum running/phone ringing in the room above/next to/below you" noise...

The walls at Pop are thin.

Just make sure YOU don't flush YOUR toilet while she is sleeping. That noise could wake the dead.

mrsgaribaldi
05-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Try to get as room on the 4th floor and I think it would be ok. We stayed by the bowling pin pool, 4th floor last year and the noise was very minimal if any. This year we were by the main pool, 4th floor all the way down at the end and no noise at all from the pool:thumbsup:

iceicebritney
05-28-2007, 09:43 PM
during the day you will be fine. the times when ANY of the hotels are loudest (believe me places like the GF and CONT are much MUCH LOUDER!) are when ppl are leaving for and returning from the park (open and close) in masses.
ive never ever had a problem at either of the values. mostly my problems have been at the deluxes - and they're usually tour groups or high school seniors in groups bowling (literally) and running down the hallways.

USCTinkerbell
05-29-2007, 08:35 AM
We stay at POP and the quietest rooms we've found are on the pond side away from the pool. It's not only nap time you need to consider, but night time too. Last year there was a group of people in the pool making all kinds of noise at 2:00 am. Fortunately, it only happened one night. I think there's a pool closing time, but it wasn't enforced that night.
Keven, we had the same problem at ASM. We were nestled in between a group of teenagers from Brazil. They stayed in the pool area all night long and took turns knocking on our door and running back to their room next door before we could get out there. This was at 3am! They woke our dd3 up 5 times. It took 3 calls to security and confronting one of the adults to get them quiet. We made sure that next morning at 7am to make extra noise!
We went down a day early and stayed at Pop Century for 1 night and we loved it so much more that ASM.