PDA

View Full Version : Villas through DVC

Catzle
05-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Now that we have tried WL and thought the transportation was so great. What other DVC Villa has just as good transportation. We could be getting another week May 08' and wondering what else would be great. We would want larger than a studio though.

WelshieLover
05-25-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with the location of the Beach Club Villas or the Boardwalk Villas being able to walk into EPCOT via the International Gateway and you are a short boat ride to MGM.

Old Key West and Sartoga both have a boat to Downtown Disney and buses to everywhere else.

We stayed at OKW in February. The transportation was not bad the boat ride to Downtown Disney was relaxing and there was lots of wildlife to see. As far as size of the rooms go - OKW has the biggest units than any of teh other DVC locations, The 1 bedroom was huge with a full size laundry room. I was impressed with the way the unit was laid out. Our friends stayed in a Grand Villa. 3 full bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, you could live in it!

Maleficent's Dad
05-27-2007, 08:21 PM
For Transportation purposes:

BWV allow you to walk to MGM & EPCOT. You can take a boat to either as well, but that takes a whole lot longer. NOTE: From the villa's side, go out the back door, don't walk down to the lobby if you're walking to MGM.

BCV have the shortest walk of all to EPCOT and you can walk (a bit of a longer walk) or boat to MGM.

Buses from these resorts to everywhere else.

Only "bad" transportation I've ever had from a DVC resort was at SSR. Not enough buses, and the stops weren't convenient in the resort.

Most of the busing issues of years past have been addressed and I must admit, bus service has been nothing short of efficient and simple for the past 3 (or more) years. :mickey:

Catzle
05-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Which resort has storm along bay? We would like to try that one. Is that the BCV?

DebK
05-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes, you would have access to Stormalong Bay if you stayed at the BCV.