PDA

View Full Version : Character Princess Meal

Wrigley
05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
We are planning on taking our DD, who will be 3 at the time, to one of the :princess: Character breakfasts. Which one do you prefer-Cinderella's Royal Table or Akershus? Is the food similar at both?

ginger19
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
At 3 I would do Akershus which is what we are doing for my daughter. She won't notice that you aren't in the castle (well, not for too long anyway) and the price is better and the interaction is better. She will see more princesses but not necessarily Cinderella. We chose the breakfast due to mixed reviews on the lunch and dinner.
If Cindy is a must, can you do the 1900 Park Fare dinner which we did in January and was fantastic?

TBY2225
05-25-2007, 12:17 PM
We took our DD5 to the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway last September. She loved it! The food was good especially the cheesy potatoes and the interaction with the princesses was great. We saw Belle, Aurora, Mulan, Jasmine and Snow White. They do rotate, so you don't know who you will get, but they are all great. We haven't done the castle because I think it is too expensive. DD5 never questioned not eating in the castle. To her it was the princesses she wanted, she didn't care where they were!

Disney Doll
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
ADRs ay CRT can be impossible to get. i called bright an early on the first day we were eligible to make ADRs and still didn't get in. So, we booked the Norway breakfast instead. At first I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get my first choice, but the Norway breakfast turned out to be great and the kids loved it.

ledudes
05-25-2007, 01:56 PM
The castle is our favorite. We tried Akershus for dinner and liked it a lot, and the Grand Floridian for princess dinner was good too, but our favorite is definitley the castle for breakfast. The food was great, we thought the interaction was fine, and we got the free photo package and the wand and wishing star. Loved the wishing ceremony too. Our whole party loved it there, including the adults. Can't beat being in the castle also. It is hard to get in, but you can always keep trying cause there can be cancelations.

Bruegge
05-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Well,

I'm doing both..

My DD8 and DD3 (actually 3.75) big difference between 3 and 4 ....

3Yo is telling everyone I mean EVERYONE she meets that she is going to eat luch at cinderellla's castle..First full day at Disney..

Our last day (leave a 2:00pm) we have breakfast at Norway with the princessess.

Scott

illini
05-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I prefer CRT. I find the character interaction better there than at Akershus. I admit that I might be a little biased against Akershus due to still harboring a grudge that it's now a character meal. :blush: I have never found the food at CRT to be bad; in fact, some of it is pretty good. Yes, it's more expensive but I think that the atmosphere is much better, too. The princesses have always been super attentive, though I admit we've been there on bdays so that may be part of it.

As a side note, you will probably have trouble booking CRT under the 180+10, but if you call at exactly 7am at 180 days, I bet you'll get it. I'm 3 for 3 with getting it, and people are now reporting being able to get it even at 90 days sometimes (I certainly wouldnt' bank on that, though!).

disneyfan1124
05-25-2007, 08:42 PM
To a 3yr old, Akershus will seem just like a castle, although not THE castle. By the time you go in and she sees the princesses, she'll forget all about WHERE she is and just focus on WHO she sees! They also have a neat Viking ship play area that I bet she'll like while you wait.