PDA

View Full Version : POR Transportation Question

ojeilatan
05-25-2007, 10:02 AM
My family and I will be taking a Disney vacation for the first time on June 1st, and will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I've read in several places that wait times for buses back to POR can be ungodly, due to their buses being shared. For anyone who has stayed there, what has been your experience with this? Are there other modes of transportation (minus renting a car) that have better wait times?

Thanks! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
05-25-2007, 10:29 AM
We love the POR! But the bus back to the resort can have very long lines if you are leaving the parks right at closing times. To avoid this we have found that looking through the gift shops or getting a hot cocoa or just plain hanging around for a while until the crowds go down makes it much easier to grab a bus without waiting in a huge line or having to stand.

AvonleaCF
05-25-2007, 12:55 PM
How is service going from the hotel to other destinations? There are several bus stops at the resort, right? Does it matter which one you choose?

A Big Kid
05-25-2007, 01:23 PM
If you are going June 1st, then be prepared for lines for everything!

sainter
05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
If you would do a search on threads about transportation at POR on this board, I think you will see that people have had all kinds of different experiences with the busses.
The ride from the parks to POR at closing do tend to be crazy, I think most agree on this anyway. You can get around this somewhat by taking your time and browsing the store or just find a bench and people watch for a while. We also look to see if POR or POFQ bus stop is more full and chose whichever isn't -- but we don't mind a walk from POFQ. We have gotten lucky and caught a boat from POFQ to POR a time or 2 as well.
The bus is shared with POFQ at times and at others not. I watched carefully in March and I really could not see a pattern. In fact, the order in which people were dropped off (if sharing a bus withFQ even changed a few times. I will have to say we had good luck with the West Depot though! :mickey: