PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know......

dolphinmickey9170
05-25-2007, 09:53 AM
When walking from SSR to DTD, there is a barge that looks like fireworks might be launched from it. It is parked in the river just before the bridge. I know that DTD used to do fireworks at midnight quite often, but the entire 2 weeks we were there May 6-18, they never had them. Do they ever shoot off fireworks at DTD anymore?

Catwillow
05-27-2007, 10:17 AM
interesting question....I would like to know too.

TFrauts
05-31-2007, 01:19 AM
I asked a similar question a while back becasue I wanted a room with a view of the fireworks at DTD and someone told me that DTD stopped fireworks when rehab began! Hope that helps!!

WelshieLover
05-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Wen we were there in February, they were doing some pyrotechnics on the water over for an outdoor concert at Pleasure Island. It was not fireworks, but perhaps they use the barge for this.

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 10:13 PM
:thumbsup:does anyone know if the fireworks/new years celebration will be coming back after all of the construction is done? i loved that! thats what pleasure island was all about... getting drunk and pretending its new years every nite hehehehe:mickey::beer::marg:

Ray C.
06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
I highly doubt the New Year's Eve celebration will be coming back. The stages have been demolished, so there is nothing to channel everybody to a specific part of PI, and since it's an open door policy most nights, anybody can walk in and enjoy it for free. The pyro/fireworks that used to go off were for the New Years Eve celebration, and since it's been gone for a while, I wouldn't look for fireworks anytime soon.