PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #39

King Triton
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM
With the holiday weekend here in the US upon us, I'm going to give you three questions today that you can work on over the weekend. This is the first one...

For counter service in the Magic Kingdom, which do you prefer: Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bill?

Question #40 will be available today in Vacation Planning.

One final reminder...the review of questions 21-30 (and links to earlier question reviews) can be found here:
Questions 21-30 Review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=105376)

darthmacho
05-25-2007, 09:08 AM
:sun: It was Labor Day Saturday, 2003, it was a blistering hot 95 degrees, and the Magic Kingdom was so packed that by mid afternoon we were doing nothing but pushing our cranky, heat exhausted 2 year old around in a stroller as we passed attraction after attraction with 1 hour lines.
Then we stumbled upon Pecos Bill Cafe. It was cool, dark, and not very crowded, as it was between the traditional meal-times. We made the best decision of the vacation when we dropped in. The cool air had a positive effect on our child, as she curled up in the stroller for a comfortable nap. My wife and I were able to sit peacefully in an air conditioned bliss, listening to heavenly mariachi music, while munching on seemingly ordinary burgers, that at that moment, tasted like ambrosia.
Thus is the Tale , no the Legend, of Darth Macho and the Pecos Bill Cafe. :sombrero:

KAT1811
05-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Pecos Bill for sure. I love the fixin's bar. for some reason it just seems like they are giving you so much more. I used to love the sauerkraut but they don't have theat anymore :(

jenperich
05-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Columbia Harbour House...that tuna fish sandwich is SOOOO good!!! Plus, it's in a very central location and it's so peaceful looking down on Liberty Square. That's why it gets my vote!!

dolphinmickey9170
05-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Peco's Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where else in all the world can you get those kinds of fixins for your burgers!!

k_reile
05-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I chose CHH because there menu looked good...i do not remember if i have eaten there or not...its been 9 yrs:( but I get to try it out this Sept!!:mickey:

Funcruiser56
05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Our Fam loves CHH! We generally eat here at least two time per trip.
DH and DS like the chicken very much, veg chili is also good. Last trip I discovered the ham sandwich with the broccoli slaw- YUMMMM and the bread is soo good..
We also discovered the upstairs, quiet- less kids because it is hard to get the strollers up the stairs I guess. Great spot to watch the goings on outside..Eat late and you can watch the parade from the windows upstairs.

Bev

LibertyTreeGal
05-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Haven't been to CHH, but Pecos Bill's was so awful that anyplace would be better.

And the fixins bar shouldn't even be called that, ever been to a Fuddruckers???? :thumbsup: Now THAT is a fixin's bar......

Spaceship Tigger
05-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Haven't been to CHH yet, but love Pecos Bill's. The burgers are pretty good (same ones they have at Cosmic Rays) and I love the darkened seating area.

mook3y
05-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Two words...

Toppings Bar

:D

prttynpnk
05-25-2007, 12:09 PM
I discovered the ham sandwich with the broccoli slaw- YUMMMM and the bread is soo good..
Bev
I've tried to duplicate that at home- it is truly special!
I'm also a big chowder fan.
Definitely CHH for me.

Belle_0717
05-25-2007, 12:27 PM
This one was soooooo hard. I just ate at Pecos Bill's for the first time in May. But I had to go with CHH. The lighthouse sandwich is TO DIE FOR! The salad and soup selections are great too.

Wrigley
05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
My vote is for Pecos Bill - because of the great fixin's bar! We make it a necessity to eat there for one meal each trip!!

illini
05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Hm. Maybe I hit CHH on a bad day, or ordered the wrong thing (can't remember what it was), but I was not impressed in the least. I'm now convinced to try it again!

I voted PB. I don't generally eat burgers, but I like their salads and chicken wrap. Not the best I've ever had by any stretch, but pretty darn good.

Tynkerbelle
05-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Acutally, Casey's is my favorite CS at the MK, but.....

I've only been to CHH once during the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour and it was just OK - though, I did like the quiet upstairs dining area.

I voted for Pecos Bill's. I'm with the others - the dark room and the fixins bar work for me!

BritCody
05-25-2007, 12:42 PM
On our trips these two are the only counter service restauants we eat at in the MK. We like both, but since you can only pick one I chose CHH.

mdricks
05-25-2007, 12:46 PM
The only resturant that even comes close to being requested by the two ds's as much as chef mickey's.....

Columbia Harbor House.
I dont know what it is, but the kids just love this place. Doesnt hurt that mom and dad do too...:number1:

WDWfeelslikehome
05-25-2007, 06:00 PM
It's Pecos Bills for us, whenever we get a hankering for a burger, we know where we can russle one up.

Mickey91
05-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Had to go with Columbia Harbour House. We always eat here at least once and usually several times!

Crow
05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Pecos. finally tried it a few trips ago and visited a second time on another trip...fixins:thumbsup:
CHH once verrry long ago.
i think thats about the only places ive tried in MK...other than having a dole whip of course

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
05-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Pecos Bills. Love the burgers and cheese-cheese -cheese for the fries.

GrmGrninGost
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Columbia Harbor House is a fixture in our vacation schedule!:mickey:We go there at least once, and usually more. We like the upstairs dining area.

SodaPopMGK
05-25-2007, 10:34 PM
I had to go with Columbia Harbor House, I love the tuna sandwich.

laward32
05-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I voted for CHH over Pecos, only because of the atmosphere. Both places for food are awesome. I do have a complaint from our last trip. Most of us got chicken, but it all tasted like fish. You could tell they must have mixed up which fryer they use for chicken and which is used for the fish. My sister and my niece go twice a year and have never had a complaint. Pecos is the best place for a hamburger with all the fixin's IMO. :mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
05-26-2007, 03:14 PM
We love the Columbia Harbor House and a place to chill and cool down mid afternoon. We've learned to share meals tho, as the give waaaay too much food for the "average" person.:mickey:

kathiep
05-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Did anyone else find this one as hard a choice to make as I did?

We enjoy not only the burgers at Peco's Bill's - but love that it's a nice cool, dark place to recharge.

And CHH - love the salads and atmosphere. It's centrally located and we've hard terrific luck never finding it too crowded.

Polynesian Dweller
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Pecos Bill for the fixin's as others have said. Besides itst close to 3 great rides, Pirates, Big Thunder and Splash Mt.:thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
05-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Had lunch at Pecos last Sept. and was not impressed. Burger was dry and it was really crowded. Probably hit it at a bad time. We had a rough couple hours before we ate. Im going to try CHH next time. We will see......

DisneyGiant
05-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I love, love, love the chicken at CHH. They even have honey for dippin' if you ask them nicely.

And this is where they take you to lunch on the Keys to the Kingdom tour!

Tink#64
05-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Come on, this isn't five star food here! I'm at WDW for fun - not gourmet food. I've NEVER had anything that I would consider rating poorly at WDW! :nono:

That said, DH likes CHH, he loves seafood, the rest of the family opt to eat from the cart/stand behind CHH! It's such a nice change, we get baked potatoes, fruit, etc. So we're all happy.:tasty: We all get our food, meet up outside & have a great view of the water & the Liberty Belle if she's docked!

Jared
05-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Columbia Harbour House is my favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. I really like the Lighthouse Sandwich.

:tasty:

dtootsie42
05-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Pecos Bills for sure!!! We have gone back a couple of times but only to CHH once and it was not very appetizing.

RAIDER
05-29-2007, 03:53 AM
CHH by a whisker :thumbsup:

avantgardeinker
05-31-2007, 10:37 AM
I love the fish and fries basket at Columbia Harbor House. You can't get it anywhere else in the MK. You can get a burger anywhere.

189 more days!
:mickey:

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:23 PM
I'f you'd have asked this 1 year ago i would say the harbour house simply for the clam showder in the bread bowl. but since they got rid of that i've discovered the Chicken Wrap at pecos bill which has got to be one of the best things to eat at MK.
:goofy: