PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Day 5 - DL

ddcrna
05-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow, am I tired!! We rocked DL today:party: . Got there at 8:45 and had early privileges, so got into the park and waited at Adventureland for the rope drop. Then, in rapid fire, we grabbed FP's for Indiana Jones, and rode Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Indy. Then off to BTMRR, then grabbed a Latte and rode IASW. Next was Matterhorn and a round trip on the monorail. They were testing NEMO, only with CM's, but you could see the subs going around the lagoon. Grabbed some lunch at Rancho Del Zocalo that was really good!! Headed over to tomorrowland, and grabbed FP's for Space Mountain, and rode Buzz. Went back over to Adventureland for another round of Pirates and HM, then over to Tomorrowland for SM, and back to Adventureland for another round of Indiana Jones. Followed this up with some Main St shopping and then headed back to the Hotel, stopping on the way at a grocery store for breakfast items. Tomorrow we head back down to SD and have tickets for the Padres game at 7PM. We had tickets for US left in our CityPass books and gave them to a guy in line behind us at SM, because he lives locally and will have a chance to use them.What a great time we have had at DL - you really can "feel" Walt's presence, I think. Everything is so compact, yet complete, given the space he had to work with. I kept thinking - "Wow, all this because a man with the means to make it happen wanted something to do with his kids on Sundays" (See the first 50 years movie). Looking forward to our annual WDW timeshare vaca in October, but will fondly remember this trip and what an amazing time we had. Gosh, we are so lucky! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Lucille
05-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I really enjoyed reading your trip reports!

faline
05-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Great day! I was disappointed that the Matterhorn was not running when we were there in September!

Isn't Space Mountain such a smooth ride?!

tinkwest
05-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. Enjoy the memories!

Melanie
05-26-2007, 04:45 AM
Thanks for sharing your amazing trip with us! :mickey:

Jessie
05-28-2007, 06:51 PM
What a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing it all with us! :thumbsup:

Dizneyfan
06-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!

Carol
06-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Went back over to Adventureland for another round of Pirates and HM, then over to Tomorrowland for SMSounds like our touring plan! :laughing:

Great reports. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

ChipnDaleGal
06-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time in Walt's Park. It really has a spirit, doesn't it? Thank you for all your great reports. :mickey:

Chescat
06-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Glad you had a good time, great trip report.

We saw the first 50th movie for the first time in April. I really liked it. Steve Martin did a great job even thought Donald was trying to get him the whole movie. :blush: There's so much history in that movie. I'm hoping that when that movie closes down that they make that into a DVD for sale. That would definitely be a must for my DVD collection. :)

ChipDale
06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Your reports were terrific! It's obvious that you really "get it" about Disneyland. :mickey: Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us. :)