PDA

View Full Version : Eat/Stay at Citywalk?

mickey-mouse35
05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
We'll be doing Universal for two days prior to Disney. Do you recommend staying after the park closes at 7 for dinner at Citywalk, and if so, what is your favorite?

Also, has anyone done the dueling pianos at Citywalk? It makes more sense time-wise to do that here than Jelly Rolls on the boardwalk at Disney on another night, but I've heard it's a bit raunchy at the Universal piano bar--anyone been, and what's your experience?

Beast_fanatic
05-24-2007, 10:27 PM
We haven't done dinner there, only lunch, but we enjoyed Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant.

I didn't even know they had a dueling piano bar there. Hopefully someone else will be along soon.

mickey-mouse35
05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I read in one of my guide books that Pat O'Brien's has the dueling pianos. Hoping someone has gone to give the scoop!

jkj1224
05-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I haven't done the dueling pianos either but as far as food the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is good and I love Margaritaville...you have to see the nachos, they're huge :marg:

bleukarma
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
I haven't done the dueling piano bar but when I had a pass to IOA we used to forgo eating inside the park and eat at Margaritaville instead. It's about the same prices as inside the parks and the food is much better. Our second choice was usually Hard Rock Cafe. Honestly, the food at all the places are the same, it's what atmosphere you prefer.

I know you probably aren't on vacation to watch a movie, but they have a really good deal going on where for $22.99 you get dinner and a movie at Citywalk. :thumbsup:

disneydear
06-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Just returned last night. Didn't do the dueling pianos which is at Pat O'briens. Definitely do Margaritaville.The food was very good and the portions are a good size. My husband got the nachos as his meal and he couldn't finish it, it's that big (and he is a very big eater)and it was only a little over $10. We ate there 3 times over the week.the Latin Quarter also had good fajitas.

PrincessEmmasMommy
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi! As a parrothead, I have to say to go to Margaritaville. It is a very cool one. (I've been to 3 different Margaritaville's). The Cheeseburger in Paradise is awesome. One of the best burgers I've ever had. Also, the volcano bar is awesome to see. Have fun!
Fins Up!
Jen

Goofy Pluto
06-04-2007, 04:49 PM
We love Pastamore'! Very good Italian food. I've also been to HR and the NBA restaurant. I like HR. It's good. The NBA was emtpy the time we went but the food was good and big portions. But Pastamore' is the one I would suggest. Those are the places I've been.

kmo84
06-09-2007, 09:53 AM
I have eaten at Bubba Gump's a few times. It's good.

We tried Pastamore' last year and really enjoyed that, too!

I didn't know Pat O'Brien's had duelling pianos!

mickey-mouse35
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Bubba Gump's and Pastamore both sound good--will have to give one or both a try. Do I need to make reservations, or can we go after the parks close (I think 6 or 7 this fall)?

Seems like no one has been to dueling pianos at Pat O'Briens--maybe they don't have them anymore. I just read that on an old thread here somewhere. Will have to do some research... :D

bleukarma
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Bubba Gump's and Pastamore both sound good--will have to give one or both a try. Do I need to make reservations, or can we go after the parks close (I think 6 or 7 this fall)?

Seems like no one has been to dueling pianos at Pat O'Briens--maybe they don't have them anymore. I just read that on an old thread here somewhere. Will have to do some research... :D

You don't have to make reservations and you can go after the park closes! :thumbsup: Most of the places on CityWalk don't close until late,late,late.

faline
06-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Another vote for Margarittaville!

We dined at the Nascar restaurant - cool surrounding - not great food. Hard Rock - ditto.

I haven't dined at the Bubba Gump's there but did dine at one in Hawaii. We had good food there.