PDA

View Full Version : best Italian?

mickey-mouse35
05-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Which restaurant has the best Italian? I currently have ADR for Tony's in MK, but see it has mixed reviews. The menu at Mama Melrose didn't look that exciting for the prices paid, and the Epcot place won't be open in October when we go (waiting for Patina menu to be posted). We loved Palio at the Swan, but I think that has closed. We have a car, so doesn't matter where we need to drive, and it could be for lunch or dinner. My fav is eggplant parmesan! Thanks!

phillydan
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
We were not impressed at all by Tony's; it may have been that our expectations were higher, but it was just so-so. We are trying Mama Melrose's on our next trip.

EmiB
05-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Mama Melrose's is very NYC style Italian, and pretty decent.

Is Patina the name of the Alfredo's replacement?
I was just there and a CM said that a chain restaurant was going to replace it.

snifflesmcg
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Is Patina the name of the Alfredo's replacement?

I think Patina is the company that is going to operate it. I don't know if there is a name for the new restaurant yet.

EmiB
05-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I think Patina is the company that is going to operate it. I don't know if there is a name for the new restaurant yet.

I just googled them...seems they have a restaurant at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in LA.

hooberry
05-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I think the company that does the Italian resturant in disneyland is the same one taking over the disneyworld resturant. I had eaten there years ago in california and I remember it being pretty good:thumbsup:

Mom2princesses
05-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Well, Mama Melrose is no where near NYC great Italian resturants. Being from NJ and also being Italian. It is not awful but not fantastic. When we went the service was not the best either.

Tony's - I haven't been there since our last trip which was 5 years ago. Back then it was really great but I also have seen mixed reviews on this recently. We will be trying it again in August.

I don't think you will find a really top notch Italian resturant anywhere in Disney. But if you go in expecting a so so dinner than any of them would be ok.

Alfredo's use to be great too but once again I have not been there in 5 years and lately it seems that people are not impressed. But this will be closed like you mentioned and the new one opened. I don't know how good or bad that one will be. Although it might be interesting to try it.

I don't think any of the Italian food is all that spectacular but none of them are awful either.

EmiB
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, Mama Melrose is no where near NYC great Italian resturants. Being from NJ and also being Italian. It is not awful but not fantastic.

Haha, I agree. I just meant it was attempting to be in that style. I'm from NJ too and good Italian food is hard to get outside this area in my opinion.

mickey-mouse35
05-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Yes, Patina is the name of the group taking over Alfredo's in September at Italy pavilion. They have restaurant at Disneyland that got good reviews, so hoping it will be a good choice.

I'm thinking about taking the Backstage Magic Tour (if I can talk my DH into it--any suggestions???? :offtopic:). If I do that, they do Mama Melrose for lunch, so maybe then I can get my Italian fix!

Squeaky Mouse
05-25-2007, 06:26 PM
If you're looking for really great food, I'd skip the idea of Italian and look for something different.

Mom2princesses
05-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Haha, I agree. I just meant it was attempting to be in that style. I'm from NJ too and good Italian food is hard to get outside this area in my opinion.

LOL glad we agree! I would say not only the NYC area but also Philly. Guess we are lucky to be around such great Italian food! I remember going to both California and Washington State trying to find good Italian and it was really hard to find.