PDA

View Full Version : Which one for a family of 8??

Dedivah
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
So my sister and I are taking our families back to Disney. We both have a family of 4. She has a family of 5 but her oldest son will be 20 and pretty much is on his own.

So we are exchanging into a DVC through II so will be getting a 2 bedroom villa. Here are preferences in order.

1) Animal Kingdom Villas
2) Wilderness Lodge
3) BoardWalk
4) Saratoga Springs

The youngest in the group will be turning 5 on this trip. So we need some thing for the kids (16,16, 14 & 5) as well as the adults.

Any advice??

Septbride2002
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM
The Animal Kingdom Villas are going to be extremely popular for awhile and until the main building is built and open it is going to be hard to get a room there 7 months out. I assume you are only getting a 7 month window.

The Wilderness Lodge is a great location - especially if you are going to spend a lot of time in MK. I like the boat ride to MK.
But to be honest it isn't my favorite resort. But it seems to be a popular choice to everyone else.

The Boardwalk is my home resort, and if you want a standard room it will be hard to comeby because they go quickly to members. Great location by EPCOT but if you are going in the month of October you can forget about staying there because it books up.

Saratoga Springs - the newer of the resorts (except for AKL) and it has lots of space. Great location to DTD and gets really good reviews on transportation. The decor is a little more "adult" or "sophisticated" so I think the older kids will appreciate it a bit more.

~Amanda

Mickey91
05-24-2007, 07:53 PM
WL!:thumbsup:

Dedivah
05-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks Amanda and Mickey91!

We will be going in July and with II we get a 24 months out! Are my chances any better for AKV?

Septbride2002
05-25-2007, 10:34 AM
This July or 2008?
If it is next year and beyond then I say yes you have a better chance at AKV.

~Amanda

Dedivah
05-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks Amanda!

July 2009 is when we plan to go.