PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace at 8:15

NanaPapa's Family
05-24-2007, 02:06 PM
We have a reservation for the Crystal Palace at 8:15 on a day when MK opens at 9:00. How early will we be allowed to enter the park before our reservation? I don't want to be late!

Also, I wanted to know when the transportation from the TTC to MK starts for the day.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

berri_boo
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
We has ADR's last July at Crystal Palace for 8:30 and we go to the MK at 8:00/8:15. It's really nice to have early ADR's for the Crystal Palace because you can take some pictures in front of the castle with no one around:cloud9:

As for the transportation end...can't help you there...sorry!

pshokie
05-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Depends on where you are staying/how you are getting there. The Monorail starts making stops at MK at 7:30. You can get there as early as that. As for busses from other resorts, you'll have to wait for someone else on that one. You go through security/bag check, then through the ticket gates, and then line up behind "the rope" just outside the tunnel under the train station. At that point you wait till they drop the rope. I never got a fixed time on the rope drop, maybe 7:50-8:00. So leave what ever amount of time you feel you need to get the "the stuff".

Once the rope is dropped, it is a virtually empty street up to the castle. Just you and 100 of your closest friends. :thumbsup:

DisneyDude1977
05-24-2007, 04:17 PM
You should have no problems! Enjoy your breakfast....I love the CP!!!

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-24-2007, 04:31 PM
i woudl get to MK by 7:50 cuz they let you in at 8. and as many have mentioned it is very nice to have main street "all to yourselves" we have amazing pictures that look like we really are the only people cuz there just aren't many people around. buses start running about 7:30 or before and you can always go to your bus station and use the transpo phone to call in a bus. we have never had issues getting there by 7:45 or so and we have always had a CP resy for between 8-8:30. so don't worry to much about it. if you are driving i have always heard to give yourself a full hour from entering WDW property to the time you set foot on MK property. (Cast Members always say that)

disneyfan1124
05-25-2007, 08:47 PM
It looks like you have all the answers to your questions, but I wanted to tell you that this is one of our FAVORITE things to do! We always plan a breakfast at CP on a day that is not morning EMH so we can enjoy the feeling of having Main Street all to ourselves-You'll love it!

TammiMcMan
05-26-2007, 09:05 AM
As others have mentioned, transportation is dependent on where you are staying. If you're staying at a Disney resort, the bus system starts an hour before the earliest ADR (I believe it's 6:30 or 7am). The MK bus will actually bring you right to the entrance where the turnstiles are. If you're at a monorail resort, that also begins running early. If you're driving, you need to let them know at the monorail turnstiles that you have an ADR and they'll let you pass through early. Once you get to the MK entrance, if they are not letting general guests in yet, they'll have a separate area for guests with early morning ADR's. Your name will be on the list, but I'd bring along the confirmation number just in case.

I don't recall there ever being a rope drop at the train station, Main Street has always been wide open when we've arrived early. I think the earliest we've been there is 7:30am for breakfast with Cinderella and we had no problems going straight to the castle. As others have mentioned, it's quite a sight to see Main Street so quiet. You can get some great pictures.

TiggerRPh
05-26-2007, 10:35 AM
They're not going to let you in super early...probably not until about 8 AM.

TammiMcMan
05-26-2007, 11:45 AM
They're not going to let you in super early...probably not until about 8 AM.Is that the earliest ADR you can get now? I looked up an old itinerary and we had a 7:45am for Cinderella's Royal Table. I know we were walking down Main Street at 7:30 and it was pretty incredible to see it without any crowds.

NanaPapa's Family
05-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks everyone! In case it changes anyone's answer: we are staying at Shades of Green and will be driving our rental car to breakfast that day. We're really looking forward to it!

TammiMcMan
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone! In case it changes anyone's answer: we are staying at Shades of Green and will be driving our rental car to breakfast that day. We're really looking forward to it!Okay, so you'll be parking at the ticket and transportation center first thing in the morning. If the monorail is not running for general guests, you'll need to let them know you have an ADR and they'll let you pass through. The same thing on the other end for the MK. If they are not allowing general admission yet, simply pass through the special turnstile they have setup for early morning ADR's.

Momof2boys
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
We have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:25 on out October trip - it will be our 1st time eating here. Love trying new things :) :mickey:

kathiep
05-29-2007, 04:05 PM
This situation has become a must for us on every trip.

There is something so magical about being in the park before it is technically open. Walking down main street without the crowds is definately something to experience.

Plus, is all goes well, you can be out in the park just as it is officially opening.

This is a great way to start the day. Enjoy it!!

mickey-mouse35
06-05-2007, 07:40 PM
We're also doing this for first time in October-have 8:15 reservation with park opening at 9 am. We'll be driving, so how long do you think it will take to park at TTC, get over to MK, get in, etc.? Wondering what time we need to be at TTC for 8:15 ressie? Thanks!

January-2007
06-05-2007, 07:59 PM
We have 8:10AM ADRs at Crystal Palace in September. We will either be taking the bus from Pop Century or driving to the TTC and taking the monorail or boat over I guess. I was told that we would need alternate transportation to the Poly for a 7:30AM ADR at 'Ohana though.