PDA

View Full Version : Booking 2 rooms

DisneyAddict62
05-24-2007, 10:08 AM
We travel a family of 7, the 5 of us and my in-laws. Every other trip, I have been able to book both rooms (connecting) on the same reservation. This time, I had book both rooms separately, so I have two confirmation numbers. When I questioned the cast member, she said that was the way they were booking them now. I'm not really pleased! I pulled out my old confirmation from last trip 2 years ago and it even says "connecting room guaranteed for families." There is no mention of connecting rooms (or any of my other requests for that matter:angry: ) on either confirmation this time, even though I expressed this with the cast member. My two youngest like to stay in grandma and grandpas room, but it is nice to be available for them with a connecting room.

So, I guess my question would be is this really the way they are booking now, or did I just get the wrong reservationist? Should I call back and confirm my connecting request, or try to get both rooms on one reservation?:confused:

Thanks!

faline
05-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Why not contact Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) to see if they can help you out?

johnO
05-24-2007, 10:28 AM
We just had connecting rooms at Pop in February. It was guaranteed and we had only one confirmation number. Not sure what the deal is there? I'd call and speak with someone else.

:mickey:

Tink1
05-24-2007, 10:43 AM
With the new computer system, Disney prefers the reservations for each room to have a unique res number. It can be done on one res number if the amount of children outnumbers the adults.

Nanc

DisneyAddict62
05-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks Nanci, that is probably why, 3 kids-4 adults. Should I call back about the requests though?

Tink1
05-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Requests are usually noted on what are called SSR fields. These fields can be seen on the screen, but they do not print on the confirmations. (like a hidden field)

You can call to double check they are noted though.

Nanc

PrincessEmmasMommy
05-25-2007, 06:00 AM
We have 3 rooms in July for the 7 of us. We booked through Disney originally and got 3 reservation numbers but switched to AAA and now only have one. We are hoping for the 3 way connecting rooms in the Poly.
Good luck!
Jen