PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reservations ? (AAA)

FriendsofMickey
05-24-2007, 07:34 AM
I booked my package through AAA. Today, I made a call to Disney for a room only and the girl stated that my AAA agent needed to call for my dinner reservations? I know two years ago, I called for my own. :confused:
Was she right? I need to call back because their payment system is down right now, so I will requestion then, but I never heard this before and was wondering if anyone else had encountered it?

big blue and hairy
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
She's 100% wrong. I booked a package through AAA and made (and remade...) all my dining myself. Just like almost anywhere people make assumptions that just aren't true and relay them as fact.

:sulley:

GreenBeetle
05-24-2007, 07:49 AM
I've never heard of that. We've booked through AAA several times and I've always made our dining arrangements myself.

FriendsofMickey
05-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys! I knew two years ago I went through AAA and KNOW I made my own ressies. Last year, I went directly through Disney.
It made me :confused:. Like I said, I should have asked, but for some reasons, my girls are at their most needy when I have the phone to my ear. They had me on hold for a while (probably because of the computer problems) and I was ready to get off the phone. I only half listened to what she said.

Thanks gain.... my mind is now back at ease....

Making the ressies is one of those perks to being the planner :mickey:... I do not want to give the reigns to anyone! :D

elmjimmlm
05-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I have AAA and I have made reservations both ways this year. There are going to be 8 of us this year and we wanted to Good Morning Breakfast. The Magical Gatherings reservation I was told has to be made by travel agent. If anyone is like me, you actually like to talk to someone at Disney, hear the recordings, and be able to push 1 when it asks if you have visited to Walt Disney World Resort more than 4-5 times.

Diznee4Me
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Actually I had a similar thing happen when I called about my ADR's recently. The guy said the AAA rep needed to call and give WDW dining my package reservation #, then I could call back and place my ressies.:(

I told the WDW operator I had all of the paperwork and the reservation # so he took it and placed all of my ADR's.:thumbsup:

Seems to be some confusion on how to handle that particular situation.:confused:

biodtl
05-24-2007, 09:00 AM
She's wrong, but I had a similar problem last year with a CM who not only wouldn't help me, but was very rude in the process (including refusing to even give me information since I had booked though an agent). I told my AAA agent and she called Guest Services. I got a call right away from the very nice guest services CM and she apologized and handled everything for me.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I booked through AAA in January and was very clearly informed that I make my own dining reservations through wdw-dine. I made changes even when we were on vacation - all through that number.

FriendsofMickey
05-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Hmmm... I am just happy that todays call was not to make the actual ressies for dinner (just an extra night stay - room only).

I guess I will at least be prepared if I get this response when I call on Tuesday to make my ADRs. I will just insist that I be allowed.

Thanks again :)

big blue and hairy
05-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Hmmm... I am just happy that todays call was not to make the actual ressies for dinner (just an extra night stay - room only).

I guess I will at least be prepared if I get this response when I call on Tuesday to make my ADRs. I will just insist that I be allowed.

Thanks again :)
I don't know why it would even come up. Every time I've made reservations, I've been asked if I'm on the dining plan, and if I'm staying on property, no one ver asked through whom I booked a room.

TheDuckRocks
05-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't know why it would even come up. Every time I've made reservations, I've been asked if I'm on the dining plan, and if I'm staying on property, no one ver asked through whom I booked a room.

Yes, but I have always had them ask for a reservation number. Could it be that some AAA travel agents are not giving this information to their clients?