PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Day 4 - DL and CA

ddcrna
05-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Another Disney Day!!!! Off to DL for park opening at 9 and went straight back to Fantasyland, as we had not been there yesterday and there are attractions there we have never done. Went to Pinocchio's Daring Journey - very cute. Snow White was 30 min already (??), so we skipped that and went to Mr Toad (another new ride for us), which loaded slow, but was fun once we were on it - about 15 minutes wait. We then did the Storybook Land Boats - very well done, and then went to the back of FL and enjoyed It's a Small World - lots of similarities and lots of differences compared to WDW. Rode Alice in Wonderland - also well done and a new one for us. It was now late morning and we wanted to catch the first Aladdin show at 1220, so we headed over to CA for lunch at Taste Pilots - a very mediocre burger - kind of lukewarm with runny BBQ sauce and bleu cheese - really not very good at all. Probably the worst burgers we've ever had at a Disney Park. We went straight to The Hyperion Theater for Aladdin, which is SPECTACULAR!!! We had seen it once before, and still sat amazed, especially by the incredible talent of the genie. We then walked over to the Monsters Inc ride, which is new and fun, very similar to the dark rides in Fantasyland. We walked around the park a while, and didn't find much of interest, as none of us are thrill riders. My Wife and kids rode Soarin, which they enjoyed. Then we headed back over to DL, but at this point (around 3:00), it was quite busy so we rode Matterhorn ( the side we hadn't rode yesterday), and Buzz, then caught the monorail to Downtown and did some souvenir hunting. We grabbed some supper at the ESPN Zone, and headed back to Newport, which I found without incident this time. Back to DL in the morning!!:cloud9:

tinkwest
05-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Glad you took a turn on the other side of the Matterhorn.

Melanie
05-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Ah, so you had seen Aladdin before. Glad to see it's still spectacular for you! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry you had a bad meal at Taste Pilot's. I love that place! :tasty:

disneydrmr
05-24-2007, 09:37 AM
And another fun day was had by all! Looking forward to your next report!

*tinker_belle*
05-25-2007, 02:50 PM
The way you feel about Taste Pilots is exactly how we feel about Award Wieners over in CA as well. We got all excited for these spectacular hot dogs and they were lousy...some of the worst we have had at a Disney park too. We now call that place Award Losers...silly i know.

Jessie
05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm with you about DCA. I've never been HUGE on it. I mean, I enjoy it, it has it's nice areas and some cute attractions, but I'm all about Disneyland.:mickey:

Glad you had a pretty enjoyable day though!

Carol
06-15-2007, 08:05 AM
We went straight to The Hyperion Theater for Aladdin, which is SPECTACULAR!!!Without a doubt one of the best shows offered by Disney. We only got to see it once in November. We'll definitely see it a few times next month.

Isn't Fantasyland wonderful !? :cool:

ChipnDaleGal
06-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I am in total agreement about the wonder that is The Aladdin Musical!! What a spectacular show. It was my favorite Disney show until I saw the Nemo Musical at Animal Kingdom last week. Sounds like your family had a great day if you just subtract out your burger at lunch. Thanks for another very enjoyable report. :mickey:

Chescat
06-22-2007, 06:27 PM
You know what's strange, we've always had a good meal at Taste Pilots. I took my niece there yesterday and the burgers were awful. I don't know what's happened there. Going to leave a comment at Guest Services when I go next week. :blush:

WDWizard
06-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I've heard a lot of bad reviews about the burgers at Taste Pilot's Grill. Aladdin seems like such a cool show! Looks like you all had fun. Oh, and I've always wondered- what is the difference between the two Matterhorn tracks? Which one is better?

ChipDale
06-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed Disneyland's Fantasyland attractions. I just love Alice in Wonderland - the theming in that land beats the pants off of WDW's too. :mickey:

I'm not a fan of Taste Pilot's either - sorry you had a bad meal there. Next time, try the Pacific Wharf Cafe!

Thanks for another great report! :mickey:

faline
06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
We almost missed the Pinocchio ride on our last visit! While there were some things I liked at California Adventure (particularly the Aladdin show and Monsters Inc), there were a number of rides that are not at all my style.

Glad you had fun exploring Fantasyland! I think it's my favorite area in Disneyland!