PDA

View Full Version : coolest hidden mickeys you have seen

ghost999
05-23-2007, 09:39 PM
hey, this has probably been on before, but what is the coolest or most abstract hidden mickey you have seen. they don't have to be pictures but pic. would be nice. :mickey:

Dreamer7080
05-23-2007, 10:49 PM
I always thought the giant hidden Mickey at MGM was really cool. Its a shame its gone with the new big hat and all.

FormerCastMember
05-24-2007, 09:59 AM
on Kilimanjaro Safaris...the island in which all the Flamingos can be found is a giant hidden mickey...

the one hidden in the movie at the American Adventure is cool too...as well as the one on the mural in the loading area of Maelstrom...

however one i cannot seem to find is the one in the mural/backdrop for the Great Movie Ride

Stu29573
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
The shadows from the lamp posts in the MK (I think that's where it was, if I remember right...Man, I gotta get back there....):D

MrPeetrie
05-24-2007, 07:13 PM
There is a huge one on the sidewalk in Animal Kingdom. Hundreds of people walk over it everyday without noticing it. It is made from cracks in the concrete that at first glance, don't look like much. But step back and you can see they make a huge hidden Mickey.

Catwillow
05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
The shadows from the lamp posts in the MK (I think that's where it was, if I remember right...Man, I gotta get back there....):D

YES !!!!! I even took a photo of it cause it was soooo way cool!!! It has to be my favorite one so far.:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
on as well as the one on the mural in the loading area of Maelstrom...

There are actually two in that mural and the one on the stewardess is really cool. I also like the two in the Buzz Lightyear line area.

dolphinmickey9170
05-24-2007, 08:20 PM
My fav is in the HM, there is a ghost on the right with his/her left arm extended and there s a shadow of a hidden mickey where his hand would be. It is hard to see as your doombuggie is turning back toward the left as you go by this ghost. Claudia, our Keys to the Kingdom tour guide (THE BEST, I MIGHT ADD) showed it to us last year. It is so cool.

EmiB
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
My favorite one my mom found on Splash Mountain.

About 1/2 thru, there's a singing frog that's fishing, while lounging on the back of a crocodile. It's right after a dip so he's hard to miss.

Just to his right are picnic baskets and fishing bobbers. There are three put together :mickey:

Figment1988
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
my favorite one was the hidden mickey that is in aquarium in the seas with nemo and friends (formerly living seas). i was amazed at first when i saw it during my first living seas aqua tour back in 2003

MrPeetrie
05-24-2007, 09:12 PM
My fav is in the HM, there is a ghost on the right with his/her left arm extended and there s a shadow of a hidden mickey where his hand would be. It is hard to see as your doombuggie is turning back toward the left as you go by this ghost. Claudia, our Keys to the Kingdom tour guide (THE BEST, I MIGHT ADD) showed it to us last year. It is so cool.

That's a cool one. There's also one on the dining room table during the ghostly ballroom sequence. Look at the last place setting. It's one large plate with two smaller plates as ears.

LudwigVonDrake
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
I would say MGM before they added the hat :smickey:

snifflesmcg
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm so bad at finding Hidden Mickeys. LOL. My boyfriend was making up Mickey's the whole time we were there. However, the one I remembered the clearest was in DTD. There was a hidden mickey done with lights on the pavement. I was standing on it and my BF said to get back and look.......and there it was.

TheMartellFamily
05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I like it when you least expect it there is one right in front of you. You do a double take and it is one.

Trixie1822
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM
My favorite hidden mickey actually is a hidden Jafar in AK. :thumbsup:

So giant and so discret both !

BMan62
05-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Question: Is there a 'Hidden Mickey' in the waiting area for ITTBAB?

I could swear that there is one formed by the shadows of the lighting on the ceiling as you walk down into the main pre-show waiting area. The last time I was down, we made it about halfway down the slope into the waiting area, going down the right hand side of the walkway, I looked up and there was a Mickey made from the shadows from the 'rock' formations on the ceiling.

Maybe I was trying too hard to find a 'Hidden Mickey,' but I was sure this was one!!

dolphinmickey9170
05-25-2007, 11:03 AM
There is a book that lists the hidden mickeys in it and where to find them. It's a cool book. It's fun to take the book to the parks, resorts, etc and look for them. Kind of like a treasure hunt, if you will. Great fun for the family.

MsMin
05-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't have a picture of it and we tried to take it but I don't think it came out. Walking to the living seas the grassy hill on the Land side has a big Mickey in the grass. It's different types of grass and it's very subtle but there. I don't know if it's there year round but it was Dec. when we saw it.

A Big Kid
05-25-2007, 01:15 PM
My favorite hidden mickey actually is a hidden Jafar in AK. :thumbsup:

So giant and so discret both !

Yep, that one is cool. And there is a hidden Gonzo at the studios outside of Muppet 3D.

FormerCastMember
05-26-2007, 11:35 AM
the gonzo is really cool i will have to admit that...im also a huge fan of the profile of mickeys face in the opening of the mountain on splash mountain and the "lounging mickey cloud" to the right of the zip-a-dee lady

there are also the mickey feet in the Great Movie Ride...and like someone said before the book is a great addition to any disney trip, it brings a new dimension to waiting in line or riding an attraction because you are now on a hunt.

ILoveLegos
05-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Two:
The first Hidden Mickey that we unexpectantly found was in the rock garden in Japanese Pavillion - well hidden. Found it when admiring the rocks.
The second coolest unexpected hidden micky was "just hanging around" at Snow White's Scary Adventures!
We love, seeing a hidden mickey and finding new ones to our collection!

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
05-26-2007, 02:51 PM
There is one on Big Thunder. At the end of the ride, they slow you down before they bring you into the loading area. On the right made out of old metal wheels.:mickey:

Guya103
05-28-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't have a picture of it and we tried to take it but I don't think it came out. Walking to the living seas the grassy hill on the Land side has a big Mickey in the grass. It's different types of grass and it's very subtle but there. I don't know if it's there year round but it was Dec. when we saw it.

That's our favorite too!! The subtle differences in grass types makes it barely noticeable. So clever!!:mickey:

hoop de do
05-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I like the ones on the manhole covers.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stu29573
05-29-2007, 12:01 PM
There's always the one made out of coils of hoses (or something) right where you get your picture taken on Test Track. It really only shows up in the pictures....

grego77
05-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I felt very smart when I found one absent-mindedly on Tough to Be a Bug in the wheelchair area on the wall near the top. My sister and I were waiting to enter, and I was looking at the walls, and saw the mickey. :mickey:

Diznee4Me
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM
In the area where Aerosmith is talking to the audience, on the floor there are several rolled up coils of amp/mike wires that make a hidden Mickey. I believe it was to the right as you face the scene.

Willowwind
05-29-2007, 03:57 PM
As far as real Mickey's in the parks and hotels I think my favorite is the one in the giraffe spots at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I suppose that it doesn't count as a *real* hidden mickey, but the next one is my favorite.

:secret:I have a tattoo on my wrist in the classic icon shape with some vines behind it. The artist matched the color to my many, many freckles and it blends right in. Unless you're a Disney fan and have trained yourself to watch for mickeys you don't notice it. I've freaked out many a nurse & doctor who end up noticing it while taking my pulse. :laughing:

mainstreet1997
05-29-2007, 09:20 PM
My favorite one is made by the dishes on the door of the Morrocan store across from the Tangerine Cafe.

BelleBeauty
05-29-2007, 10:32 PM
When you go through the gangster scene in the Great Movie Ride, if you look back at the back wall facade, at the bottom corner of one of the top windows there is a hidden Mickey.

My favorite part about this one is that it was the first I was aware of ever. A mother and daughter in front of us on one of our first trips to WDW pointed it out - they had a book - and I hadn't even known HMs existed! :mickey:

Here we go again...
05-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I like the one in the Turtle Talk with Crush sign. It is not too hard to find, but the bubbles make it fun.

ghost999
05-31-2007, 01:45 PM
have ya'll seen the one in the rocks at the aquarium, the flowers in the land, or the one mural on one of the trails in AK

DawsonAR
06-01-2007, 11:20 AM
I love the one in the Great Movie Ride in the Indiana Jones part.

debandbub
06-01-2007, 08:11 PM
The Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps in Epcot, there is a small classic Mickey on one of the drums near the bottom rim. I was so excited to see it! :mickey:

tinks_pixie_dust
06-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I have tons of favorites but my most favorite I discovered on my last trip while staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. In the back of the resort, when you go outside from the main lobby you will see a tower that has metal type vines over it. The tower has stairs on the inside. Anyway, about 3/4 of the way up there is a very well Hidden Mickey there. It is a side profile not the standard ones. It is so cool. It took me a while to find it. My husband kept pointing & saying "right there"....it was crazy!

And my second fav is the Hidden Minnie in the Great Movie Ride. She is in the painting & is near the white gazebo. It too is a side profile. Ask the CM to shine a flashlight on it for you.

WDWFREAK101
06-03-2007, 08:17 AM
I like the one where Mickey looks like a Dwarf on SW.

Its REALLY hard to see but he's there!

Look to the right when you are about to go into the Mine.

P.S (Its a drawing!)

wedrod
06-07-2007, 03:28 PM
My favorite is at the Polynesian. In the rooms there is a picture of a beach seen. In the picture there is a girl drawing in the sand. Guess what she is drawing.....thats right it's a hidden Mickey.

pshokie
06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
My favorite is at the Polynesian. In the rooms there is a picture of a beach seen. In the picture there is a girl drawing in the sand. Guess what she is drawing.....thats right it's a hidden Mickey.

Actually there are atleast 3 hidden Mickeys in that painting. We had it in our room at the poly as well (is it in all rooms?). There is the one on the beach, one in the water, and one 1/2 hidden behind the clouds on top of the mountain.

Try as we might, we could not see any more...

browneyedgirl12
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I like the one in HM where you are going to the graveyard scene and if you look in one of the tombs there is a staff with a hidden mickey at the top. It is very difficult to find. :mickey:

AuntiePeep
06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I thought I knew about a lot of the hidden Micks but on a trip a couple of years ago when we were staying at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge and I discovered a new one. As you come in the front doors of the Villas, just as you enter the atrium area turn right and walk a few steps. Turn around and look up at the beams just overhead and there is an actual carved Mickey sitting in the beam. So cool!

ghost999
06-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I thought I knew about a lot of the hidden Micks but on a trip a couple of years ago when we were staying at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge and I discovered a new one. As you come in the front doors of the Villas, just as you enter the atrium area turn right and walk a few steps. Turn around and look up at the beams just overhead and there is an actual carved Mickey sitting in the beam. So cool!
i also noticed that one and it was awesome, also on the fire place metal set is a hidden mickey. it was also very hard to spot:mickey:

JWB3
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
How about on the golf ball that comes at you while on Soarin' ?

FormerCastMember
06-08-2007, 11:40 PM
how bout the hidden mickeys that can be found in the final scene of the Carousel of Progress...as a nutcracker...a present...and a distorted painting of Sorcerer Mickey...and another great thing to find on that attraction is the portrait of Walt...see if you can find it!

EpcotFan182
06-09-2007, 12:14 AM
In the queue area of Peter Pan's Flight there was a hidden Mickey I thought was pretty cool. Also, I love the ones on the carpet in the halls of the BWV.