PDA

View Full Version : Which Moderate?

donsteele
05-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I have decided to stay in one of the moderates
for our sept '08 trip.

2 adults 6 kids.

Can I get some feedback one which one to stay at.
CBR
CSR
POR
POF

I need to pick or I will go nuts.

Thanks

tinksmom02
05-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I think you'll find that everyone has their favorite resort, so you'll probably get :thumbsup: for each of them! Ultimately you'll have to decide what type of theme you want to stay in. They're all so different!

Personally, we're staying POFQ next trip because it seems smaller and cozier than the other mods. We really liked POR and CSR, though. Can't comment on CBR!

disney100%
05-24-2007, 01:16 PM
We love POR, with CBR a close second. We have never stayed at POFQ, and our stay at CSR wasn't as "magical" as it was at POR or CBR.

POR Positives:
1. Boat to Downtown Disney
2. Love the food court
3. Gift shop has an excellent selection
4. Love the mansions (though Bayous are nice too)
5. My son loved all the ducks and bunnies we saw around the resort
6. Landscape and theming very relaxing

maizey05
05-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Another vote for POFQ. I agree that CRS doesn't have as much "magic" to it. CBR would be my second choice. We like POFQ because it's small and it was very quiet.

angedeaile
05-24-2007, 01:25 PM
There actually have been polls about Intercotee's favorite Moderate. The answer was POFQ.

It is quiet and smells wonderfully due to the magnolia trees. It is more compact than the other mods, so you don't have to walk too far to eat or to catch the bus.

I do have to agree, the scenery was quite...serene and it was really nice to not have to walk too far.

Oh and there is a boat that takes you to DTD from the resort.

faline
05-24-2007, 01:26 PM
My favorite moderate is Coronado Springs. It has more of the amenities of a deluxe and is a lovely resort!

Nicki'sMom
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
My vote is POR, it is a great family resort with a neat pool. But if I had a bunch of kids with me, then I may choose CBR for the beach theme. I have heard it is pretty spread out but I would love to see how much bigger it is than POR. Peoples perceptions are different. Good luck with your choice.:thumbsup:

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
CBR is really spread out, so unless you want to pay for a preferred room i wouldn't do it unless you want the exercise or don't care about wasting time traveling back and forth. i love the themeing though and it was my fav resort for years. the atmosphere is very much like the Caribbean (i've been to Jamaica) and very relaxing and romantic. the kids may love the beach theme.

CSR i have never stayed at but have visited, the theme is great there as well but very different. it felt to business class thoiugh because of the conference center and i was upset that the same taco salad was a dollar more than at POR. i then looked at other food prices and they tended to be slightly higher... not sure if anyone else has noticed that or not. however my brother stays there quite frequently with his family for conferences and they love it... so matter of opinion i guess...

POFQ i have not stayed at yet but i will be in Jan. i have visited many times on trips and it is very nice. the streets are very well themed and it is another romantic resort with the quaint streets and buildings. it's all very close together with the whole resort being contained in about a half mile strip. there is only one pool however (a themed pool) and no quite pools that are less busy. and i might suggest if your children are scared of clown do not bring them here. there are large mardi gras faces all ov er the food court and some clown like jesters all over the resort (i'm scared of clowns so i notice these things)

POR is hands down my fav now. the atmosphere is great and with the trundle bed makes it nice if you have more people in a room: though 8 ppl will be more than one room. the quiet pools are very nice and the food court 'was' amazing (i cannot vouch for the remodel job) and no matter where you stay you must visit Piano Bob at the RiverRoost in POR AMAZING!!!! he is great for all ages. i just have loved the atmosphere there and enjoy the boat to DTD (also at POFQ) as alternate transpo.

hope this helps!

AllDisney
05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
POFQ has a nice slow pace at this resort. Small so everything was close (pool, buses & food court).

CSR loved the southwestern feel to the place. Loved the pool and loved walking around the grounds and taking advantage of down time in the hammocks. Even though it houses a convention center, the only time we noticed them was late at night when we stopped by the bar for a late night drink.

CBR One of our favorites. Loved the pools and the food court was great. It is a big resort and there is potential for a lot of walking but I am thankful everyday that I can walk, so it's not a concern. I'll be concerned the day I won't be able o walk around the beautiful property.

Riri529
05-24-2007, 08:21 PM
I stayed at POFQ this past April with my 2 kids--11 and 8. I think it was the perfect place. It is very well laid out with all things being conveniently located with respect to the rooms. I would recommend a Water View room, these have the best location. It is also good that you can use the facilities (boating, bikes, restaurants, horse and buggy rides) at the PO Riverside, which is a short walk from the pool. The food court had a nice variety of foods for breakfast and lunch and we used the full service restaurant at the Riverside for dinner. Hope this feedback helped. Enjoy your trip. :mickey:

fatboy
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
CBR been there 4 times going back in Sept!!!