PDA

View Full Version : Dover, Delaware

JoDisney
05-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Can anyone tell me what it is like in Dover, Delaware? Also, do you know anything about Wesley College in Dover, Delaware?

DisneyDude1977
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I live in Denton, Maryland, which is about 45-50 minutes away from Dover. Dover is a nice area for the most part. It has great dining and shopping, and is a fairly busy place. Twice a year, the NASCAR races come, and make Dover alomst unbearable to travel through, but otherwise I love Dover.

As far as Wesley College, I know little about it. I have not heard much bad about it, and have had some friends who went there and liked it.

SallyfromDE
05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Can anyone tell me what it is like in Dover, Delaware? Also, do you know anything about Wesley College in Dover, Delaware?

I live in Wilmington, about 1/2 or 45 min north of Dover. I like making trips to Dover for Nascar or Slots. Sometimes to stores that aren't up around here. Below the canal tends to be more laid back, slower. No one is a hurry to do anything. The mall is very small. There is shopping there, but it's very small scale. If you want to go to the beach, about an hour ride south. Most young people that live in lower DE can't wait to get out. Dover's main drag is pretty hectic. Is Wesley the one across the street from Dover Downs? The Wesly in Wilm is supposed to be good. But the big college in lower DE is Del Tech in Georgetown. Come Nascar weekend, everyone stays in. They've learned not to go out, because it takes hours to get anywhere.

baldburke
07-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Are you visiting Dover or will you be with us more long term at Wesley? I live in Wilmington as well, but had a friend that went to Wesley. It is a small school, but I think the kikds like it because it is relatively close to the beach (45 minutes or so). But otherwise the town is very vanilla.