PDA

View Full Version : Family of 6 at a Value Resort

CosmicRay
05-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Our friends have 4 kids and want to go to WDW in 2 years or so. They home school, so I told them to go during the value season. I know that some of the value resorts have suites, but I can't find any info about them to give to our friends. Can someone give me some info or where I can find some. I just had questions like are they hard to come by, and how much were they a night, and how they are set up so I could let our friends know. Any info would be great!

magicman
05-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I believe it is the All Star Music that has the Value Family Suites. (Another good option is adjoining rooms at the Pop.)

disneyfan328
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
I know that there were some pictures on intercot. Here is what I found:

Family Suites:

Size of Suite: 520 square feet

Number of beds: Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)

Features of Room: Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room. Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access. Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator and coffee pot. The units are all non-smoking.

Bathroom: 2 full bathrooms.

Balcony: No

Occupancy: Maximum six-person occupancy per suite.

Suite Pricing:
Rake Rates for 2006: Value Season - $169; Regular Season - $209, Peak Season - $239 and Holiday Season - $259.

Suite Layout:

If you go under the resort tab on the intercot main page and then go to On site resorts and All Star Music, there are pictures of the suite and layout as well.

January-2007
05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
The family suites aren't eligible for discounts so I would recommend going with 2 regular value rooms. I don't really get the value suites, they only come with one real bed. I would rather have 4 real beds and stay at Pop Century. With our Annual Pass discount in January we were able to get our room at Pop for $59 a night plus tax. What a deal. It's definately affordable for anyone who wants to go bad enough to make it happen, even with 6 people. What a good friend you are for helping them out! Share the magic :mickey:

magicofdisney
05-24-2007, 12:53 AM
We are a family of 6 and I homeschool also. We try and stay during value season as well because the rooms are that much cheaper, particularly with an AP discount. We always get two rooms, primarily because the suites are not eligible for discounts. I agree that four beds are better than one. Because my children are still young, we always get connecting rooms, even though Disney never "guarantees" them. I feel connecting rooms at a value is the best economical choice for a larger family. Some might argue the cabins are a better choice because of the full kitchen. I hope your friend has a wonderful trip.

KAT1811
05-24-2007, 09:41 AM
The family suites aren't eligible for discounts so I would recommend going with 2 regular value rooms. I don't really get the value suites, they only come with one real bed. I would rather have 4 real beds and stay at Pop Century. . . What a good friend you are for helping them out! Share the magic :mickey:

:ditto: I would also go with the two connecting rooms instead of the value suite. I don't care for the set up. Plus from what I have heard the pull out beds are not very comfortable at all. Four beds + two bathrooms = one happy family.

CosmicRay
05-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Thank you everyone for your help and advise. I will tell them to get the adjoining rooms. I love to help friends have the best trip they could have at WDW. I have 3 families waning ideas and tips. I have raved over intercot! I am studying to be a travel agent and then I would LOVE to get a Disney specialization so I can help more people enjoy the magic!! Thank you again for your help!