PDA

View Full Version : Microwaves at POR??

disneyfan328
05-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Can anyone tell me if the food court area, or any other area for that matter has a microwave at POR?? Everyone keeps telling me that the DDP has so much food that we will have leftovers and to take ziplocks to take food back with us, but how would we heat it??
Also my kids are microwave popcorn junkies, so I thought I would bring some along if there is a place to make it.:confused:

any input would be great.

d_m_n_n
05-23-2007, 02:24 PM
On one trip I do remember seeing a microwave in the food court area...on a counter next to the exit. That's been a couple years though and I don't know if it is still there or not.

BTW, desserts are an excellent thing to carry-out from the DDP. Then we would eat that for breakfast the next morning!

sandeecheeks
05-24-2007, 10:52 PM
We were at POR last October and there was no microwave in the food court/store/lobby. We too thought that popcorn would be a great midnight snack but we couldn't find anywhere to pop it. Sorry can't help more, as we never did find one.

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
05-25-2007, 07:29 PM
They did have one last year, it was as you exit, right near where they have the Pizza. But since they recently renovated I am not sure if it will still be there.

Need to hear from someone who has been there in the past 2 months or so.

Sorry we couldn't be more help.

Mickey91
05-25-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't think they have a microwave. Plus, unless you are going to go back to your room to put left overs in the frig, the food wouldn't be good anyhow. I can't imagine taking that much time out of the park for left overs. As for the popcorn, buy a couple of the popcorn buckets. Then as the week goes, use a snack credit or two to fill them up. It really is good popcorn and a built in souvenir that the kids can eat their popcorn out of at home to remember the magic!:mickey:

sainter
05-25-2007, 11:04 PM
I was at POR during and just after the renovations in March. I am 99% sure that there was a microwave in the food court, to the right (as you are looking at the food court from the seating area) near the door and the little hall to the restrooms at that time. I remember thinking "There is the microwave but the toaster is gone".

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
05-27-2007, 08:16 AM
I am 99% sure that there was a microwave in the food court, to the right (as you are looking at the food court from the seating area) near the door and the little hall to the restrooms at that time.

This is the same area that I was referring to from last years visit. It is near the bathrooms, against the wall of the Pizza Place and as you exit to go back to the rooms at Aligator Bayou.

Sounds as if it is still there after the renovations.