PDA

View Full Version : Pofq

Dyanna
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
We have already made reservations at All Star Movies in October thru Disney. We are thinking of transfering our res to TerriSue @ MJ (1st time using them). She is able to get us a great rate at the POFQ. As we have never stayed in a resort above the value can anyone give me the pros & cons to staying at this location? Food/restaurants, boats, closest building to bus stops etc. Any tips or tricks?

gwfx1031
05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
If the price difference is not an issue, I suggest transfering. POFQ is great. It is smaller than AS, but much quieter. The pool is great, it is right along the river that can take you via boatr to DD. the food court is very nice. You are also close to PODL and can use the ammenities there. The rooms are a bit bigger too.

Christine
05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
If MJ can get you in Port Orlenas French Quarter at a discounted rate that works for you, DO IT! The rooms are bigger, you will have a refrigerator in your room, the boat ride to downtown Disney is wonderful, the food court is quieter and calmer, the pool is wonderful, the grounds are more lush, the bus service is very efficient, the resort is easy to navigate...

As you can see from my signature, I have stayed at ASMo and POFQ multiple times. So can you tell which one I like better??? :blush:

offwego
05-23-2007, 12:01 PM
The pool has a slide if that's good for your kids.

Also POFQ is the smallest of any moderate resort so "close to a bus" is pretty easy from all the buildings.

The food court is quite nice and the boat ride is lovely to the DTD area. Also you can share any of the "things to do" with Riverside by walking over to that resort including of course it's sit down restaurant, piano lounge, seaboat rentals and even it's pool as well.

The fridge can be a big $$ saver as one at the values is 10.00 per night.

I hope you enjoy your time there!

GreenBeetle
05-23-2007, 12:06 PM
As far as I'm concerned, there are no CONS to this resort! It's beautifully landscaped, has a great pool (sea serpent slide), and a very nice food court - not to mention the boat ride to DTD. But best of all is the size - small, quaint - no matter what building you are in you will not have a far walk to anything.

Although the All-Star resorts are fine on a budget, they are just too darn big for my taste.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
:mickey: Another vote for POFQ!

We love the small size, nothing is too far away. The themeing is awesome, the pool was great (DD loved the slide). The food court was never too busy, and the fresh beignets were yummy.

The buses are shared (sometimes) with POR, but they come to FW first, so you get a seat, and they drop you off first at night.

You'll love FQ, well worth the extra bit of $$.

mrsgaribaldi
05-25-2007, 06:46 AM
I love POFQ, it and CBR are my favorite moderates. The grounds are so nice and the rooms too. Much bigger than a value. I f you can switch I would. The values are nice but I really like POFQ:thumbsup: