PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Timing

Dyanna
05-23-2007, 10:18 AM
We are up in the air about making ADR for our Oct trip. Would it be better if we go for an early dinner every day at about 4pm to beat the dinner rush? Do you think we would need ADR for this time of day & what time do restaurnats start to serve dinner? Any info would be helpful in our planning.

Tygger7
05-23-2007, 11:02 AM
We found that most of the restaurants don't start serving dinner until 5pm (at the earliest). Even planning to eat on the early side, I wouldn't chance going as a "walk up". For example, we had 5pm reservations at Whispering Canyon, and they turned away anyone who didn't already have a reservation. You can always cancel the reservation if you change your mind, or can't make it...it's a HUGE risk trying to get in without a reservation.:lei:

Belle's Mom
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't even try it without an ADR! I waited at 'Ohana for an hour and a half last October with no ADR. Not the way to do things...if you want to eat well. :blush:

vamaggie
05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Are you going with kids? If so DEFINATELY make ADRs (even for early times). NOthing is worse than hungry, tired kids! We made our Nov ADRs a few weeks ago and got all the times we wanted (mostly 5:15 or 5:30s) When I called this past weekend to change and book Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package, the only time they had left was 4:10. We took it too! If you have kids (or don't mind eating dinner early) I would book early-ish ADRS if you can get them and avoid the true dinner rush(and potentially longer wait to be seated).In my mind booking an early dinner ADR is like booking the first flight out of an airport in the am--less chance to be delayed.Our plan is to eat early and then catch some park time before the kids (and DH & I!) konk out. You can always cancel ADRs if you find you do not need them or your plans change but not having them and needing them is like not having rain ponchos and needing them!!!:(

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Always make ADRs if you know where you want to eat. We've had 4pm dinners before, so I'm not sure about dinner not starting until 5... Most of our dinners on our recent trip were in the 5-6 hour and it seemed as if things really started to pick up towards the end of the 6pm hour.

tinksmom02
05-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Absolutely make ADR's! Like others have said, you can always cancel them if you change your mind.

One point, if you're really trying to avoid dinner crowds, and can't get early dinner ADR's: try late lunch ressies. We had 2:30 ADR's at LeCellier and we were stuffed for the rest of the day!

psychotekkie
05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
A lot of restaurants have fantastic foods on the lunch menus (some of them are the same items as on the dinner menus. Just check out the restaurant guide and menus on Intercot). So if a restaurant tells you they will only be serving lunch at 4:00, take the reservation and you may get the same food for the lower lunch price!