PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: Review of Questions 21-30

King Triton
05-23-2007, 09:53 AM
The 100 questions keep rolling along. Below is a review of questions 21-30. In case you've missed the reviews of questions 1-10 and 11-20, there's a link at the end of this post.
---
Question #21 asked a different kind of question. Would you rather have a chance encounter with Mickey Mouse while wandering the park, or would you rather find a "Hidden Mickey" on your own? Almost 140 of you responded to this. About 63% chose meeting Mickey.

There is just something about meeting that mouse that does it for me! -- Bethanymouse

We're always on the look out for Hidden Mickeys! Searching for them adds a lot of repeatability to the parks. -- rsumrall

Tough question! When I first saw Mickey in the opening ceremony at MK I got a giant lump in my throat. However, I like finding hidden Mickeys because I can share that with DH. (I'm not one for getting autographs, but random Mickey sightings are great.) -- Kairi_7378
---
Question #22 asked you about your Animal Kingdom strategy. Despite the addition of Expedition:Everest, Animal Kingdom still has the reputation of being a "partial day" park. Given that, the question was whether you prefer to show up early at Animal Kingdom and leave late in the morning or early afternoon, or, arrive late in the morning (or early afternoon) and stay until park closing. Overwhelmingly, the answer was to show up early, capturing 82% of the votes cast.

We always go in the morning, have lunch at Tusker House and then hop to another park to spend the rest of the day. If you get there later and leave at closing, you're hopping twice in a day and it takes up more time than we want to spend in transition. We also like to get to the safari as soon as the park opens. -- avantgardeinker

I'll be the odd one. On our last trip, we went one day just after lunch and stayed for EMH that night. ...We really liked going in the afternoon better than the morning, so that's how I have it planned for our next trip. The park basically emptied out at closing and we only saw like 30 other people in the entire park. -- Dakota Rose

How do you vote if you like to do both? I abstain! -- MOJoe
---
We left Disney World for the first time with Question #23. Not surprisingly, this was the least popular question so far, gathering only 43 vote. We took a ride east on I-4 a little up to Universal, where you were asked to choose between Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. In a very close vote, Islands of Adventure prevailed, capturing 53% of the vote. This was also the first question of the 100 where the wiinner will "advance" to another question later on.

Island of Adventure...I like the more thrilling rides. -- bleukarma

I voted for Universal Studios...I have always liked the movie themed rides. -- k_reile

This is a question that I think is completely up to you. Each park is VERY different. IOA has lots of "thrill" rides...roller coasters and motion rides. Where, US is a lot of "theme" rides...good for the whole family. -- jenperich
---
I've considered throwing Question #24 out. It was an interesting question, but the results are flawed. The question was, other than possibly using a computer to get your return boarding passes, do you use a computer while on vacation at Disney World. 71% of you responded that you do not. However, there were several responses that voted no, but said you brought a laptop to backup photo cards. Well, that's using one! I think its safe to say that the majority of you do not use a computer, but its nowhere near the 70+% recorded.

I can't imagine taking time to use a computer while at WDW! I can do all that once I'm back home. It helps me to remember the trip and the fun times! -- GrmGrninGhost

Last year was the first time I took my laptop. I loved it. I used it to blog our daily activities. I also downloaded my digital pictures each day. The kids loved to see the pictures and review the activities of the day! -- jodijo

I always thought that being on vacation meant not looking at your camera, your cell phone, or anything else electronic from your busy home life. But, that is a great reason to take your laptop, and we'll definitely think about taking ours in Nov. -- jenperich
---
Question #25 asked you to pick from the two original Magic Kingdom monorail resorts: Contemporary or Polynesian. The Polynesian Resort easily won this contest, capturing 76% of the over 125 votes cast.

I've visited both, and have had meals in each. It's not that I dislike the Contemporary, in fact I love it, and I think if any one resort defines WDW, it is that. Nevertheless, the Poly has the better theming and is incredibly gorgeous. Probably the most popular resort and the prices reflect that too! -- darthmacho

I voted for the Contemporary Resort. I always dreamed of staying there when I was a kid. I've been to Hawaii, but I've never been to the future... -- January-2007

I've stayed at each resort, and it was tough for me. There are things I really like about both of them. -- 2Epcot
---
Question #26 asked you to compare the two sports-related eateries: ESPN Club at the Boardwalk and the All-Star Cafe at Wide World of Sports. ESPN Club was the big winner, with 79% of the vote.

We always like the ESPN Club for its food and atmosphere (especially during the Hockey playoffs). We have ate there many times and the food is always great. -- DDuck66

I would choose the All Star Cafe at Wide World of Sports not only to be able to do something totally new, but also because my DH loves baseball and we hope to catch a game over there some time, and this is where it's at. -- January-2007

I'm not a big fan of either, nor do I like to do things I can do at home while at WDW.... I wouldn't go out of my way to go to either place. -- Tynkerbelle
---
There have been many discussions of whether to buy park hoppers or not. Question #27 took a slightly different angle, asking whether you really do park hop, regardless of the type of ticket you possess. 71% of you indicate that you do typically visit more than one park a day, for at least most of your trip.

We typically visit two parks a day for every day of our trip. -- SBETigg

I don't buy the hoppers. First off, I don't like paying extra if I don't have to. I just buy extra days and that way I can still get to see everything and I have more time to do it. Also, it takes awhile to switch from park to park. I'd rather spend that time on the rides. -- snifflesmcg

I alway buy park hoppers but rarely use them. I can't bring myself to go without the option, though. I'm a 'just in case'-er! -- biodtl
---
In past games that I've posted (Survivor and March Madness), Splash Mountain has always crushed all competition. But, those games were in the pre-Expedition:Everest era. So how does the new mountain compare against Splash. Question #28 addressed this. Splash Mountain is still the champion, but the vote is very close. 128 votes were cast and Splash won by 4 votes...about 52%. Several voted for Splash only because they haven't been on Everest yet. It might be interesting to ask this again in a year or so.

Alrighty, it's Splash for me! I LOVE EE but Splash gets my vote for nostalgia and for being one of the best rides i've ever been on. I love water rides so that really puts it two strides ahead. I love Splash Mountain! -- poeticeclipse

Expedition: Everest is just an amazing ride is so many respects. I love just walking through the line before I actually get to the ride. I enjoy the speed, and going backwards. Splash is fun, but I won't always ride it, depending on the time of day or year ... since I don't want to get wet. Everest I can ride anytime ... so I'll take the Yeti, over the bears. -- 2Epcot

Okay, so I opened the thread with my normal YOOHQ glee....and was stopped dead in my tracks. EE or SplMtn? Huh? Why would you do this to us? -- BrerSchultzy
---
Question #29 allowed four options, asking you to select your favorite Value resort. No contest here -- Pop Century was the clear winner, picking up almost twice the votes as all the All-Stars COMBINED. Of the just over 100 votes, Pop Century picked up 65%. The more interesting result was which of the All-Stars would come in second. All-Star Movies was the winner here, taking second place with 19% of the overall vote, but a little over half of the "All-Star" vote. Next was All-Star Music with 10% of the vote and All-Star Sports trailed the pack with about 7% of the vote.

Pop is the best Value. We have been in all of the Values, Pop has all the best they offer. -- mm59

All Star Movies! I lifeguarded there my last night working at Disney and I absolutely love the pool! haha. yeah, I pick my resorts by the pools! -- Figgyluv03

It will probably come in at a distant third, but I'm particularly fond of Alll Star Music. It is colorful, fun, and a great place to spend a week. A lot may be said about the newness of Pop Century, but despite some wear, ASMu is my favorite value resort. -- darthmacho
---
Question #30 asked you to pick between two restaurants known for their steaks, among other things: Le Cellier and the Concourse Steakhouse. In one of the most one-sided questions so far, Le Cellier won this one easily, picking up 89% of the vote.

Le Cellier is by far a better restaurant! The atmosphere is better, the food is better, and the wait staff is more attentive. -- Mickey91

I chose Concourse for a few reasons. 1.) I love the atmosphere there. The monerail cruising by is great! 2.) I love the variety in the menu. 3.) The martinis are great. 4.) I love the open plan in the restaurant. I'm not crazy about the cellar feeling in Le Cellier. -- KAT1811

Oh man, a toughie. -- January-2007
-----
Previous reviews:
Questions 1-10 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103415)
Questions 11-20 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104399)

January-2007
05-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
05-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks so much for the recap! I love these questions- we may have to keep it up! Thanks for all your hard work!:thumbsup: