PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Day 3 - Disneyland

ddcrna
05-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Now to the really great part of the trip!! Drove up from San Diego early to be at DL for opening (we only missed by 5 minutes). Walked straight back to NO Square, because the only other time we have been here, POTC was closed for the 1st makeover to include Jack Sparrow, and the HM was down for some reason. We walked straight on to both, and they are so amazing. Lots of similarities, but many differences from WDW versions. Prior to going on, we got FP's for Indy, but didn't really need them and rode that next. FP seems to be different here - the lines join together much sooner than at WDW - we noticed it here, and then later at Space Mtn. No problem, because it is not that busy and we haven't waited more than 5 minutes (maybe 10) for anything. After NO Square, we went to The Matterhorn, which we missed last time because of a shutdown after we had waited in line - got to go this time, and it was fun. What a difference in coaster technology though from 1950's to now!! Next, we walked over to Tomorrowland (we really like the smaller size of this park!!), and rode Buzz, then got a FP for Space Mtn and had lunch at Redd's Pizza while waiting. WOW - is Space Mtn ever different for WDW or what?? - intense is an understatement! Made our way over to Frontierland and rode BTMRR, one of our favorites, and then back to NO Square for another go at POTC. It was now around 2:30, and we had a hotel to find, so we headed for Main St and did a little souvenir shopping - Wife found a Mickey Silhouette decal for the car that WDW hasn't had for a few years and snagged one of those. Shirts for the G'Children and some other odds and ends. Then we went to the First 50 years movie and display in town square - very well done tribute to Walt. Found the car easily in Pinocchio, and then the hotel in Newport with some difficulty, but got checked in and settled - off to DL/CA tomorrow for more adventures. We plan on going straight to FL for all of the dark rides and IASW, then see what happens till lunch - plan on the afternoon at CA with timing planned around Aladdin. Till Tomorrow.....:mickey:

disneydrmr
05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a great day! Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

tinkwest
05-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Glad you got to hit some of the rides you missed on previous trips. Wonderful to hear that lines were minimal.

Melanie
05-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Yes, what a great day you had. :mickey3:

In my experiences, a FP at Indy has never really seemed to gain much of an advantage over the standby line. Strange!

Isn't Space Mountain wonderful? :coaster:

Looking forward to hearing what you think about Aladdin!

Jessie
05-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I absolutely love DL HM over WDW. That big mansion just has such a spooky feel to it. I'm glad it was all smooth sailing. Gosh reading these reports make me want to run right back out to CA.

Hmmm me thinks I need to talk to DH :secret: :laughing:

Carol
06-15-2007, 07:59 AM
we really like the smaller size of this park!!Me too! It's uncanny how much is in that space.

Sounds like another great Disney day! :cool:

ChipnDaleGal
06-22-2007, 02:30 PM
A wonderful first day in the Parks! I am not a fan of the WDW Space Mountain, but I love the DL version!! :thumbsup: Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

ChipDale
06-29-2007, 11:06 AM
What a great day! :chipdale: Sounds like you had tons of fun - thanks again for sharing with us! :mickey: