PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dinner??

rnin02
05-22-2007, 06:01 PM
We are going to WDW for our 1 year anniversary in September (yay!) and we want to do something special for it. But not Victoria and Alfred's special...just signature dining special! DH is leaving it up to me...I'm not sure. I've come up with some possiblities, which would you do?

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm going through the same thing for my 1 year in December! Glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat. :mickey:

glenpreece
05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I ate at Artist Point on my last trip. They burnt my filet thank god it was comped. Go with Cali Grill you can't beat the top of the Contemporary

Crow
05-22-2007, 06:18 PM
AP
twice and loved it. been a few trips since but doing again in Sept
trying Ca Grill next wk
AP is in WL which i love.

jefmblrd
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
The California Grill would be the perfect spot. It has a romantic feel, especially if you have a window table around fireworks time, yet it also has cool vibe to it. The food is excellent and the restaurant is rated highly in Zagats.

Kairi_7378
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
We ate our 5 year anniversary dinner at CA Grill. The meal was FANTASTIC!!! You can't beat the top of the Contemporary for views of WDW. The balconies are very romantic. And it seems like they change their menu often so it will be a different dining experience if you go back. I don't know about you, but I had a really hard time deciding what to eat there.

mickey-mouse35
05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
We did our 5-year anniversary dinner at Cali Grill and watched fireworks from there--totally romantic and very, very good food!!

rnin02
05-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the votes so far! I called tonight to book Hoop Dee Doo revue (our first time for that) and the guy on the phone freaked me out (dining's filling up fast for september...you'd better make some more ADRs now type stuff) so being put on the spot I booked Artist Point...I guess that's what I really wanted! So, 8pm at AP and that gives us a little time to walk around WL, which I'd really like to do. Thanks for the input! Maybe I'll book us 2 special dinners and use up our TS:mickey:

Mousefan29
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
We were there in Dec. I figured out when the MK fireworks were scheduled, and then made an ADR for about 1/2 hour before. When I made the arrangements (and again at the check-in stand), I asked for a table by the windows. We got it and enjoyed the fireworks show over dessert! Just amazing! Be sure to go out on the balconies also for a spectacular view!

Natazu
05-22-2007, 08:34 PM
The good news is, there's no wrong answer here. All three restaurants are special. I like California Grill best of the three, followed by Narc, then Artist Point.

biodtl
05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I went with Narcoosee's, but it may be sentimental - DH and I ate there on our honeymoon. We had a fantastic dinner, though, and watched the water pageant.

KAT1811
05-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I said California Grill for no other reason than the spectacular view. Request a table close to the windows and try to go on a fireworks night. Let them know it is your 1st anniversary. :congrats:

Mickey91
05-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Had to go for California Grill. It has an amazing view, and if you get the right time, you can watch the fireworks at MK. Very romantic!:hug:

mrsgaribaldi
05-23-2007, 02:03 AM
California Grill is fantastic. My favorite restaurant in Disney. Food is great, the place is great and you can't beat the walkway outside to watch the fireworks. But bring a jacket, it gets chilly up there with the wind, even in Sept.:mickey:

pianobabe
05-23-2007, 05:56 AM
I went with Narcoossee's. We went last year for our first anniversary and it was WONDERFUL!! I also have it booked for this year too. We have not tried AP, but we are thinking about going to CG. With Narcoossee's, the food was great and the view was spectacular. Have fun no matter which you choose.

BethieTink
05-23-2007, 08:35 AM
I went with AP. I ate at AP and CG on consecutive nights and much preferred AP to CG. The food at AP is amazing. CG was good, but didn't live up to the hype I had heard here and other places. If you enjoy wine, definitely get the wine flight with your meal. They pair them perfectly. Try to Portobello soup; it is amazing. Also, if you like salmon, it is the place to get it. Everything my friend and I had was superb. Don't be afraid to try the buffalo. You will be pleasantly surprised.

You can't go wrong with any of the choices, but for me, I am desperately trying to fit AP into my next trip and not rushing to go back to CG.

Happy Anniversary!! AP did a fabulous job with my birthday that night, including a specially printed menu that wished me birthday greetings at the bottom. It was awesome!