PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Leg of our Honeymoon World Tour, Part 2

Carolanne
05-22-2007, 05:36 PM
As I said earlier, when I booked this trip, I mentioned that it would be a honeymoon trip. During our stay, we did receive a bouquet of wedding balloons & a photocard signed by Mickey & Minnie--so cute :bride: :groom: ! We received these on 5/19. And after the bouquet was delivered, Mickey & Minnie called us with a congratulatory message. DH was so surprised by the bouquet & the call--he actually asked me "is this something special that they did just for you?" And he totally ate up the fuss that most CM's (and fellow guests) would make when they saw our "Just Married" pins.

We did not witness any YoaMD moments during this trip (I witnessed one with my mom last year during our November trip), though I thought for sure that we were going to be on the receiving end of one. On 5/19, DH & I were having lunch at Mama Melrose's (it was after 12). After we were seated, a CM came up to us, noticed our Just Married pins & started to chat us up. He wasn't wearing a costume typical of the Disney-MGM CM's; he weas wearing khakis & I think a blue button-up shirt (or maybe white w/blue stripes?) He had to have been with us at least a full 5 minutes (during our convo, he tried to get another couple into the conversation, but that didn't last very long). As the CM was leaving us, he said, "Ok, folks, I'll be back to bother you again in a little bit." Hmm. Our appetizers came; I was looking around the restaurant, really looking at the decor (had eaten there before but never really checked it out), when I noticed our CM was at the back of the restaurant behind us, sort of looking at us. I got a little psyched, thinking I might finally get a pair of YoaMD ears. I turned back to DH, we kept picking at our appetizer. Our entrees came, after a couple of minutes I looked up from my grilled shrimp (yum!) and notized the very same CM maybe 8 feet behind DH. Now I'm really getting excited--the CM did say he would be back to bother us later. I stopped drooling over my shrimp & pasta & was now salivating at the possibility of a pair of YoaMD ears, or maybe a shopping spree (earlier I had seen the Tinker Bell 4 seasons statues and put them on my mental shopping spree shopping list), or OMG, maybe a stay at the castle! Nope. We lingered over dessert for a good while, but we didn't see our chatty CM. SIGH. Oh well. Maybe when I come back with my mom in September...

Again, we had wonderful weather the entire time we were there--usually when the thermometer hits 72, I'm screaming that it's too hot :blush: .

On the whole, we did enjoy ourselves during this trip. The majority of the CM's had that Disney vibe going, but we did run into a couple that definitely didn't: our server at the Plaza on 5/20 definitely fell into this category. He was not a happy camper. Then there was the bad guest that butted in front of me & DH when we were next to check in for our seating at Mama Melrose's (she kind of breezed in the door & walked right in front of DH; she was very Cruella DeVil in her attitude; she didn't have a seating & was very annoyed that DH & I were seated before her).

The Plaza: aside from our server "whatever" attitude, I was very disappointed that the only way I could get raspberry lemonade was if I purchased the Pirate's Punch; we had the dining plan & was told the Pirate's Punch would have to be purchased separately. I think the only thing that makes the lemonade a pirate's punch is the souviner cup & a the blinking Tink or Captain Hook. The raspberry lemonade isn't even an option in the beverage section of the menu.

A Disney CM Moment: while at the Coral Reef on 5/17, DH asked our server what drink we needed to order to get the glowing Tinker Bell (I loves Tink!); she told us about the Pirate's Punch, mentioned it isn't on the dining plan, told us we could order the drink or purchase Tink for $5. I said ok we'll purchase Tink. Our server brought out Tink and said, "You know what? How about this being our secret," and gave me the glowing Tinker Bell at no cost! I was happily surprised because when our server first appeared to take our drink orders, she wasn't exactly exuding the Disney Spirit.

I've done the dining plan 4 times so far (3 times last year, 1 time this year), and this was the first time that I encountered the "oh great, you're on the Dining Plan" vibe from our server CM's (only 3 of them this trip.)

Coming tomorrow, Part 3 wrap up/final thoughts.

SBETigg
05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
You had me wishing you got the YoaMD ears, too! But what a good time you had, and love that you were seated before Cruella. :laughing: And so nice that the Coral Reef CM gave you the Tinker Bell! Thanks for the report.

January-2007
05-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for reporting! Sorry you didn't win anything, but at least you had great weather!

faline
05-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Great weather, lots of fun, and good dining! What more could you ask for!

Congrats on the little extras to mark your honeymoon!

Bethanymouse
05-23-2007, 07:13 AM
I am glad that you are having such a great trip so far! I love the idea of a tink drink! Thanks for the report!:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

poeticeclipse
05-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Awesome trip report! I leave for my honeymoon in 3 days!!!! I'm glad that you had a good experience so far. We're on the dining plan for the 3rd time and hopefully we won't run into any problems.

Belle's Mom
05-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Tink drink! Gotta love it! Can't wait for tomorrow's installment:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Sorry that the dream team didn't come through for you on this trip. Sounds like your meal was exciting Mama Melrose was exciting though. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pogo
05-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks for sharing your Disneymoon with us.:thumbsup: :D

Carolanne
05-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Awesome trip report! I leave for my honeymoon in 3 days!!!! I'm glad that you had a good experience so far. We're on the dining plan for the 3rd time and hopefully we won't run into any problems. Congratulations! I just know that you're going to have a wonderful time :bride: :groom: I hope you'll share your experience with us when you get back :mickey:

sleepingbooty
05-29-2007, 11:11 AM
THanks for sharing!:mickey:

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Wow! All that build up of 'maybe.. maybe.. maybe...." for for the CM to vanish... hmmm.. maybe he had to take a quick bathroom break and when he came back you guys were gone? :D Sounds like your disneymoon is quite magical, even with the disappointment of no 'dream'... moving on to your next report! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 06:33 PM
I really thought you were going to get something big from the sound of it. Sorry you didn't. Sounds like a good time anyway. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: