PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Port Orleans French Quarter

Jeff T
05-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Does anyone else miss the sitdown dining at the French Quarter. I foget the name of this place, but I recall they had a very good breakfast menu, outstanding steaks and ribs for dinner. With its closure several years ago, all the sitdown dining was pushed over to the Riverside resort.

SBETigg
05-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Was it Bonfamilles Cafe, or something like that? Aristocats theme? We never got to try it.

POFQ was in fact closed down when we stayed at POR and there were rumors that it was going to be sold. Glad that didn't happen! It was November 2001, and boats were not running to Downtown Disney either. I bet I would have enjoyed POR a lot more if we could have made use of the boat to Downtown Disney.

ElenitaB
05-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Our very first stay at WDW was at Port Orleans (back when POR was known as Dixie Landings). The restaurant was only open for Thanksgiving that year and we never did make it there. Port Orleans (now POFQ) remains our favorite moderate resort, and even though it doesn't have a TS restaurant, we love its food court (and have been known to get over there for beignets as often as we can).

As POFQ is the first stop on the buses to any park, you can hop on a bus to head over to POR to enjoy Boatwright's (one of WDW's best ketp secrets :secret: ), or walk over. Either way, it's worth the trip. Yes, it would be nice to have a TS restaurant at POFQ, but then we wouldn't have the excuse to enjoy the jambalaya and the really nice CMs at Boatwright's.