PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed in WL standard room?

k_reile
05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
What is the room and lodge like? I have ressies at CBR for 09-22 through 09-29 but now am getting the deluxe bug and I think (if I get it for free dining) that I can do standard room WL for about 266.xx more than the preferred king CBR room. Would it be worth it to switch if I can?:mickey:

WEDTOPIA
05-22-2007, 05:28 PM
I will always agree that it's preferable to switch from any moderate to Wilderness Lodge ,but I'm prejudiced to a fault.

The standard rooms are fine , but you may get the area overlooking the loading dock area. It would be worth the extra $$ to switch to a woods view.
The rooms themselves are not real big , but they are comfortable. And I believe they are still in the process of renovating all rooms . I haven't stayed in the new ones yet, but I have seen pictures and they look great.

The rooms are not the reason to stay at WL ,though. The lobby , restaurants ,shop , pool , boat transportation , views , recreation , and incredible ambience , far outweigh the room size.

You'll have a great time , no matter what you choose to do ,because , after all ,you're staying inside the greatest place on earth.

:pine: :bambi: :paw:

BrerGnat
05-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes, it is absolutely "worth it" to upgrade to WL from CBR for a couple hundred bucks.

The standard room are great! I have stayed in the lodge 3 times. 2 times were standard rooms, the other time was in the Honeymoon Suite. I really think that the standard rooms are a great value!

They are MOSTLY located on the side of the lodge that faces MK, and if you get lucky to get floor 6, you can see the MK fireworks from your room!

I would not hesitate to stay "standard" at WL in the future. In fact, I'd have a hard time justifying paying MORE for a different view, as I really like the one you get from most of the standard rooms.

I will say, I would request "MK side of lodge, floor 6" on the reservation in the future.

WDWTEXAS
05-22-2007, 05:52 PM
We did stay on the sixth floor, facing MK. It was pretty awesome! We had a great view of the fireworks, you could even hear the music (it was strange though- some parts were louder than others). We also had a great view of the Contemporary, it was pretty neat watching the monorails going in and out of it. Hope you have a fun trip!

Catzle
05-22-2007, 06:44 PM
We just got back from the Wilderness Lodge and to us it's almost as great as the Poly. The only thing we liked more about the Poly was having the beach right near the pool and the monorail. We just loved the Lodge and the grounds and the transportation was great! I would give it a try we are glad we did!

k_reile
05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
well I just found out they are not offering the standard rooms for the free dining...only the courtyard view w/bunk beds...and ONLY for an extra $1000...which I cannot justify spending...but if only I could get standard room( I don't care about view...mostly better surroundings (sp?) than mods) and free dining...but it is not to be..and I do not want to stay at AKL standard for $550 more (even though I think the resort is cool...just far out of the way)