PDA

View Full Version : I've never been in October...

disneydeb
05-22-2007, 09:44 AM
but I'm planning to go for the Intercot party! How's the weather and the crowds that time of year?
:mickey: deb

CleveSJM
05-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I was there the first week of October last year. It was very nice and a bit on the warm side. High 80's, maybe 90 each day. Very dry.

It's a real hit or miss time of year. Still in Hurricane season so if one comes around it can get pretty wet for a day or two. But, even worst case, it'll only mess up a day or two.

I thought it was a little crowded. Not as bad as Easter and not as good as between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Very manageable. About a 20-40 minute wait on the big rides. Good use of Fastpass kept everyone happy.

kris10399
05-22-2007, 11:00 AM
We were there last Oct 20th or so and it was the worst it's ever been for us at that time of yr. Generally though it's been very comfortable. The parks were abnormally crowded around that time too. We've gone several times during that time of yr and never encountered the crowds like we did this last time.

Have fun!

baby minnie's mommy
05-22-2007, 11:46 AM
October is my favorite month of the year as far as the weather goes down here! The sweltering summer heat is gone; the skies are so blue. I consider the temperature in Oct. very comfortable, but I live here so my perspective may be different. :) I doubt you'll even need sweaters unless you're prone to getting cold easily.

Lehman Family
05-22-2007, 12:41 PM
We were down in October last year. It was a good time, a little more crowded than we had expected though (but we usually go the first week of November when it's very rarely crowded). The temps were in the 80's and sometimes low 90's. Overall it was a great time, especially the MNSSHP! This might just become our favorite time to visit WDW just because of the Halloween Party.

faline
05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Years ago, October was a lightly visited time of year. In my last several October trips, I've found the crowds to be in the moderate range though certainly manageable.

Weather can be a bit variable. Days are generally nice but evenings can be cool enough for sweatshirts.

It's still in hurricane season so it's also possible that a tropical storm or hurricane could be an issue.

wdwjenn
05-22-2007, 01:04 PM
My husband and I went in October for our honeymoon :marg: back in 2000 and the weather and the crowds were just perfect :number1: :pixie: Not too hot, not too cold and only a short (15 - 20Minute)wait for rides if any!!
We are returning this October with my parents and my 2 year-old son :mickey: so I hope we encounter the same great conditions!!

But no matter what at least we will be in Disney World :mjump: and that's perfect enough for me any day :mickey: .

ginny57
05-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I think that the Food & Wine festival has had an affect on the crowds. It is a big draw and I'm sure it was increased the overall attendance at that time of year.

It should be warm and wonderful in Octiber but, if not, just try ALL the WINES! It won't make the weather better but maybe you won't care as much!

SurferStitch
05-22-2007, 01:32 PM
DH and I went the first week of October in 2005, and vowed we won't go back during that time again. In fact, I don't think we'll be doing any time in October for quite a while.

Crowds were large...very large. Maybe not 4th of July or Easter weekend, but large. Waits for the big rides (Soarin', ToT, RnRC, TT, PotC, Splash, Space, BTMRR) were almost always 60+ minutes, with Soarin' and TT easily at 90-120 minutes daily. We lived and breathed FP the entire time. As long as you don't mind the crowds, you'll be fine. Definitely use FP as much as you can....you'll need it. :thumbsup:

Weather was hot and humid, but that's to be expected. Temps were in the upper 80's to low 90's, and we didn't have too much rain at all (one night was steady, but other than that it was just a few quick downpours). Evenings were very warm, and I didn't touch a single sweatshirt or hoodie or pair of jeans the entire trip.

We started going in December this past year, and are doing the same this year. Low crowds, great weather, and plenty of Christmas spirit.

Bohms4
05-22-2007, 02:32 PM
SurferStitch - back in October 2005 I believe that the free dining went until Oct 4th that year. This could explain why it was so crowded. I remember that we just missed the free dining....we went on the 13th. The first weekend was crowded b/c of Columbus Day, but then it was awesome after that....barely any waits....just for Soarin and Test Track.

sainter
05-22-2007, 06:04 PM
October is a wonderful time to go to the World!! Beautiful warm weather, usually not too humid, cooler nights. I think that the crowds are higher especially in Epcot in the evenings and weekends with "locals" at the Food and Wine Festival but still manageable. We have rarely had a rained out day at this time of year.
I think that Bohms 4 may be right if the first week of Oct was that busy in 05, it was surely due to free dining.

Dakota Rose
05-22-2007, 08:08 PM
We were there Oct 9-15 2005. It was hotter than usual (90s and HUMID!) and because it was the week of Columbus Day, school holidays, Food & Wine AND Free dining, it was busier than usual... at least that's what I was told at the parks and here on Intercot. The worst wait was in the restaurants. I think the longest line we waited in was for RnR and that was 30 min.

But we still had a blast!