PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gathering at POR

Not2Loud
05-22-2007, 08:13 AM
So I have this 1 night trip coming up next week. It ended up my mother, step-dad, and my sister and her family will be in FL that week at the beach. I offered to get them a room at WDW if they wanted to come for the 2 days we are there. They jumped on the opportunity as they had some left over tickets.

I called WDW to change my res and get 3 rooms from 1. The only place that had 3 rooms at the AP rate was POR. And there are a total of 10 of us traveling, so they made us a Grand Gathering.

So, I have never been a part of a Grand Gathering or stayed at POR. Should I expect anything of the GG? I didn't book any of the special stuff as we are only there the one night and I expect we will be at the park.

How is POR? Any suggestions or requests for rooms, etc. 5 of the 10 in the party are children.

Thanks for any info!

disney100%
05-22-2007, 01:46 PM
My family has already booked our grand gathering for POR for next February. We absolutely love POR. The theming, the landscape, everything is so wonderful. There is a boat that travels down the Sassagoula to Downtown Disney that is quite relaxing. The food court is great (though we haven't been since it was refurbished). I personally think the gift shop is one of the best of the moderate hotels.

There will be 11 of us. I didn't know that we would be considered a GG until I booked through Magical Journeys. Supposedly, the resort will try to get all our rooms together, and it gives us the opportunity to choose some of the GG opportunities, such as an Illuminations Dinner/Dessert reception, Fireworks Cruise, Sunset Safari, etc. We actually won't be doing any of the extras, but we are happy at the idea of our rooms being near each other (there will be 3 little ones under 3 traveling with us). I can't wait! 248 more days!

Namine'
05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
My family booked a grand gathering for POR in August . They gave us a group number an have put all our rooms together. We are going to try the Sunset Safari. I have stayed at POR before and loved it. Hope you have a great trip:mickey: