PDA

View Full Version : Wait to make ADRs for Sept til after this trip?

Crow
05-21-2007, 08:09 PM
this trip is my first time on the dining plan. (8 days) i also plan to go in Sept, got the free dining.
should i wait to make ADRs? i have ideas on where to go next time, but it does seem long a long time ahead, but it is free dining...Sept 21st im going.

k_reile
05-21-2007, 08:20 PM
i am going for free dining 9-22 through 9-29 and I have started making my adr's and I am getting shut out of some of the popular resturants that i want to go too...make the reservations now and you can always cancel them later if you want...

vamaggie
05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
We are going Nov 1st (no free dining)and I've already made my ADRs (and couldn't get some times I wanted) Make some ADRs now and if you want to (and can to it) you can change later if your plans change. Better to have them than to waste the free dining TS meals. From what I have heard, many TS restaurants fill up during free dining and will not even take walk ups.

Pop Centurion
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I recommend you make ADR's APAP as many of the restaurants will fill fast because of the FD. You can always call back and make changes but at least you'll know for sure that you have secured at reservation.

SBETigg
05-21-2007, 08:33 PM
What, are you kidding? I thought you already made ADRs but I must be confused with this trip. You will be lucky to get half of what you want for September by now. Go make those ADRs! No more waiting. And best of luck!

snifflesmcg
05-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll be there 9/9-9/17 and I was having a heck of a time getting ADR's. I pretty much got what I wanted but I had to switch a bunch of days around and I am eating late....times as late as 9:05 pm.

KAT1811
05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Make them ASAP. We are going 9/12 - 9/23 and I have had trouble changing a few of the times I originally planned. Some of the restaurants are completely booked already. You can always cancell them later.

tinksmom02
05-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Make those ADR's! We're going 9/22-9/28 and I only had problems with LeCellier BUT I made my ADR's the day after Easter (the day free dining was announced LOL).

I can understand you wanting to wait to see what you enjoy on this trip, but I don't think you'll have a lot to work with if you wait. Make the ADR's now, you can always cancel them (or attempt to change them) later.

Crow
05-21-2007, 09:53 PM
guess that means i should go ahead :blush:
yeah i have my Adrs for next wks trip..(well i may change one)
but havent started Septs yet.
think i will try Ohanas for first time
Coral Reef
Marakesh.
def Artist Pt
mayb Raglan

SBETigg
05-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Great choices! All great choices. And it's Free Dining, so can you really go wrong? If you change the San Angel for May, you might throw it back in for consideration, too. But for now, I would be solid with those selections and see what you can get for ADRs.

GrmGrninGost
05-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Do them NOW! You may already be too late for some restaurants.:(

Mickey91
05-21-2007, 11:46 PM
If you make ADRs first thing in the morning you will still probably be disappointed. Get them done ASAP! They are already starting to book solid in a lot of the restaurants.

Natazu
05-22-2007, 04:55 AM
I'd make the ADRs now. You can always redo them later if you need to. We made all of ours for Oct even though we know we'll have to move stuff around once the F&WF schedule comes out.

Spaceship Tigger
05-22-2007, 09:09 AM
I've called several times now to make changes to our ADRs for September and each time the CM on the phone will either chuckle or groan when I mention the dates. We wanted to switch an ADR to Coral Reef but never could get it in several tries, but I did manage to change one to Wolfgang Puck's just the other day.