PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at the Hilton?

Cotta99
05-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Trying to plan our vacation and wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hilton near DTD? My mother wants to join my family and she is a smoker so with the new regulations we are looking into staying off property for the first time in a long time... She is offering to use her HiltonHonors points to accomodate us :) Being the obsessive planner that I am, I am not finding enough information on the Hilton to satisfy me! So I have a few questions if anyone can help. My first concern is the bus transportation, is it as reliable as Disney's? Does the resort have a 'Disney' feel at all? How about the pool areas? Has anyone stayed on the concierge floor? Was it worth it? How about the character breakfast? Ok, I think I better stop! Thanks for your help if you can!

wickedwitch
05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Ok here goes..we stayed at the hilton in december....the rooms were very clean and the beds sooo comfy.there is no disney themeing just a mickey statue in the lobby I believe.the buses were great no complaints there, I was worried also but they were very frequent however they do make a few stops after the hilton but it wasn't time consuming.hilton is first so at least you get a seat!! We never used to pool so I'm no help there..all in all it was a decent place to stay especially when you only sleep and shower there. Hope this helps you a little.

JERSEYDISFAN
05-21-2007, 07:11 PM
No, but I hear Paris will be staying at the Graybar Inn.

Tinkerfreak
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
No, but I hear Paris will be staying at the Graybar Inn.

:funny: :rotfl: :laughing:

King Triton
05-22-2007, 12:18 PM
The Hilton is fine. As I remember, the bus going to the parks would stop at several more hotels before going to the parks...but, if you don't like that, Downtown Disney Marketplace is directly across the street and you could get those buses. Came back to edit this -- you can get the buses at Downtown Disney, but they don't go directly to the parks from there anymore...I guess too many people were parking there to avoid the parking charge at the parks.

Can't answer your concierge or food questions, but I think you'll like it.

WishingStar2006
05-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I think I read somewhere that the Hilton is also smoke free...please call the hotel directly to confirm or deny....I know on the Hilton website that you can still request a smoking room but again, that's just a request. I was looking into changing my reservations because I am a smoker....my children (who I get a seperate room for so they won't be around the smoke) were devestated so I'm just gonna have to rough it and spend a lot of time with strangers at the "smoking spot".

Better be safe than disappointed that you're staying off site but she can't smoke anyway. :mickey:

Cotta99
05-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I heard at first that the DTD hotels were smoke free, but then when I tried to book and could get smoking rooms I figured they had them available... I kinda had to search for dates so I assume they ARE available??... but don't worry my mother will double check I am sure. And I will let you know what she finds out!

MouseManiac
05-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Just a little FYI...

The Doubletree Suites in Downtown Disney is also a HiltonHHonors hotel.

Don't know how cosy you want to be, but you could probably get a one or two bedroom suite for the same amount of points.

We stayed last September on Honors points, and it worked out great for DH, myself, and three little ones. It's a nice hotel, very colorful with a Disney store in the lobby. It was nice and quiet... a nice break from all the stimulation! We loved it!

Hope you find this useful!
:mickey: