PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ charcter dining

maizey05
05-21-2007, 04:15 PM
:mickey: I'm seriously thinking about a trip Nov. 22-27. This would be DS's first trip to "the world". (He will be 10 1/2 months then). I'd love to get some cute photos of him w/ characters. Which character dinner would you suggest? I'd prefer one that's not the most busy, (I'm thinking that would be one not in a park, but a resort). Thanks for your suggestions!

disney100%
05-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Last year we took our DS on his first trip - he was 14 months. Our absolutely most favorite pictures were from the Cape May Character Breakfast. The characters just loved him and gave him a lot of attention, especially Goofy, and Chip and Dale. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We loved the layout of the restaurant because the characters could pose with Joey in his highchair without much manuevering around the table. We are already planning to eat there on out next trip, which will be my nephew's first trip (11 months) and my daughter's first trip (18 months). I am getting excited just typing about it!

mousetrapper
05-21-2007, 05:31 PM
We love Chef Mickey's, but that may be too much "stimulation" for such a wee one! And it's certainly busy too...

How about a late lunch? We always loved the Garden Grill, especially when our DDs were little...

And lunch at the Crystal Palace is always a treat! The little ones adore Pooh and his pals!!

Have a wonderful time!

SBETigg
05-21-2007, 05:35 PM
For a character dinner, 1900 Park Fare might be a good one. If you're looking for a quieter one, though, I think Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grill might be more what you want to consider. Believe it or not, as far as the character dinners go, you may be better off in park than in a resort.

SodaPopMGK
05-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I have to say the best character meal we have been to is Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. They seem to have a bunch of small rooms with maybe 5-7 tables in each and the characters come to each table. We never feel rushed with the characters and find the restaurant to be quiet, except for the lobby at check-in, that can be loud. Enjoy making your plans.

vamaggie
05-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Where ever you decide to go (and I think the previous posts have been great suggestions) try to go at an off time (late breakfast, early dinner etc) This should make it easier and less crowded. I noticed you are planning on Nov 22-27? Isn't that Thanksgiving? If so crowds may be a bit big so take that into account. Also, I would make sure your DS likes the characters before you dine if possible. (Unless you are one of those sadistic parents who likes to have photos of their kids screaming in terror at the characters) Some toddlers/kids love them (like my DD), some are freaked out to no end by them (like my DNiece). Before your trip see if you can encounter some "disney character type" interactions at a theme park in your area or try one of the character meets in the parks. Good luck and enjoy your trip with the little one!!!