divinedi
05-21-2007, 01:57 PM
:mickey:

LoriMistress
05-21-2007, 06:42 PM
September...there's the free dining.

SBETigg
05-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I would pick September for the warmer weather but December is nice, too. You have Halloween in September but Christmas decor in December. I think everyone should try them both at some point.

disneygirlie11
05-21-2007, 08:27 PM
I went last september, and except for the lovebugs, it was a great time to go. Very short lines and not too crowded! However, I don't remember Halloween being up yet. This year we are going in December. I've never been in December before, so I can't really tell you what it's like yet!

crazypoohbear
05-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I've been in the beginning of December and the beginning of September
first part of Sept has free dining:thumbsup:
End of September has Halloween - haven't been to this yet but will be there someday:secret:
first part of December VERY LOW crowds and the Christmas decorations are fab!:thumbsup: :number1:
End of December HUGE Crowds - Cool weather maybe not pool weather,( unless your my kids then anything goes);)
Seeing you are from Canada, December weather in FLA will be warm for you comparatively speaking:blush:

Strmchsr
05-21-2007, 10:11 PM
The discounts for value season in December are pretty comparable to the "free dining" discount in September so I wouldn't use that to make your decision. Crowds in early December have definitely been on the rise, so September is now less crowded, though it is warmer and hurricane season. Big deciding factor - Halloween or Christmas?

faline
05-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Early December is my favorite time to visit though weather can be quite variable and you can even get weather that is downright cold.

September's weather is much warmer, especially early September when it is still quite hot and humid. Tropical storms or hurricanes are a possibility at this time of year.

Both times are excellent times to visit and I wouldn't hesitate to go during either month though I would stay away from the hoilday period in December.

divinedi
05-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks everybody, my dilemma is this:

I have an AP that expires Sept. 23, but I find it a bit hot in Sept. and the lovebugs were really bad last year, but saving the money would be good. On the other hand, my birthday is on Dec. 11 and I've always wanted to be there on my birthday, and for the Christmas lights, how are the crowds from the 8-16 is it getting crowded then already, don't do well in the crowds. Plus it would be a solo trip, would it be too depressing to go alone on my birthday? (My 3 girls all start University or College in September and won't be back for Christmas yet by then, so they can't come with).

This is why I can't decide! Thanks for all your suggetions!

FriendsofMickey
05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, the money might make a huge difference. Have you priced it up yet with the Free dining?

However, I have done both mid September, and December 10 - 14 (or something like that, a few years ago).
My thoughts, September- too hot, bugs did not bother me too much (except one day at MGM). But the temperature was hot, hot, hot. Also, I found the parks to be more crowded.... maybe I just was at the wrong parks the wrong days and I would say 70% of the time they seemed more crowded to me.. but I suppose it could have been just the heat.

I Love December (and November) non Holiday weeks. Given the choice of free dining or cooler weather, I picked November this year.

Mickey91
05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
I've been in the beginning of December and the beginning of September
first part of Sept has free dining:thumbsup:
End of September has Halloween - haven't been to this yet but will be there someday:secret:
first part of December VERY LOW crowds and the Christmas decorations are fab!:thumbsup: :number1:
End of December HUGE Crowds - Cool weather maybe not pool weather,( unless your my kids then anything goes);)
Seeing you are from Canada, December weather in FLA will be warm for you comparatively speaking:blush:

December crowds were bad at the beginning in '06. Not as bad as at the end but certainly as bad as summer. Plus for the first week it was totally booked, every room at every resort by Sept. If you decide to go then, book it now. That being said, it is absolutely beautiful!!! A must see at some point.

Sept has free dining if you book before mid June. It is hot, but then you can swim. Friday nights starting the 14th have the MNSSHP. It is a lot of fun! The crowds are less than summer if you go after Labor Day. If you want free dining you should book now as thee are limited rooms with this deal. Your vacation needs to start on or after Aug 26 and on or before Sept 22. Good luck deciding! Have fun!:mickey:

Rodders
07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
and the lovebugs were really bad last year,

Are you referring to biting insects and the like?

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Are you referring to biting insects and the like?
No-lovebugs don't bite - they just swarm around & are totally annoying then they smash on your windshield & take lots of hard work to scrub them off.

We're going the end of September again & love it. Not using the DDP this time, also planning day trips in November, December & January with FRSP.

Enjoy your trip!!

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I've never done September, althought it would be nice for my birthday. We will be going in December because of the decorations....and besides, christmas in disney -- woo hoo!! This will be a half family trip. Two of our 4 kids won't be coming.