PDA

View Full Version : Less-family oriented restaurants

jenperich
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
1) long, romantic, leisurely dinners at places that are less family oriented.

Are there any less-family oriented restaurants that do not require 2 table-service credits off the dining plan?

Let me know...thanks!!!

TheRustyScupper
05-21-2007, 11:21 AM
1) None that come to mind.
2) If you buy DDP, expect kids.
3) Even at 2-TS restaurants.

NOTE: There are some good non-DDP eateries that are more adult-oriented, or at least due to cost have few kiddies.

Wells
05-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Ummm....
I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “less family oriented” since this is Disney World, but the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary is reasonably “adult” in terms of decor and service for those of us who are “all growed up”.:D
In my opinion, it is also the best 1TS restaurant on the property.:thumbsup:

Bruegge
05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
V&A and Bistro de paris (no kids menu at bistro) should have the least kids (probably none at V&A)

Neither are on the plan so it's OOP.

Other than that.... mid priced restaurant at disney w/o kids...

I doubt it....

Scott

WishesFan13
05-26-2007, 09:18 PM
DH and I ate at the Maya Grill at Coronado in September and it was great. I don't know if it was the time we went or what but there weren't that many kids and the ones that were in there weren't near us. The closest table was another couple and the families were sort of around the corner maybe because they were at larger tables, I'm not sure, but it was a nice and quiet dinner.

Guya103
05-26-2007, 10:00 PM
It's Disney World, everything is family oriented!!!:mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
05-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I would recommend Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Japenese Restaurant at Epcot for less Kid friendly restaurants. I would also recommend getting a later ADR - I have found if we eat dinner around 8:30p or 9p there are less kids.

Have fun!

tinktude
05-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I think that the Marakeesh restaurant was less family friendly. I did not see too many kids there when I ate there a couple of weeks ago.

snifflesmcg
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I think by saying "less family oriented" means....more adult like. Not everybody that goes to Disney has children or wants to bring theirs along. I find that Epcot is your best bet. The cuisine is more exotic and most kids won't venture down the exotic route. I would eat later in the evening. Kids tend to wanna eat around 5 and tucker out by 8.

MsMin
05-27-2007, 01:55 AM
My youngest was 21 last time we went and we enjoyed LeCellier, Spoodles and Coral Reef. The year before Japan, Alfredos, CR and even CRT before the change. I think anytime you stay away from the buffet and character meals it's more "grown up"
We also ate at Concourse but wasn't our favorite. I'm sure any restaurant can be hit or miss.

kathiep
05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
I don't recall seeing many kids last year at Nine Dragons in Epcot. And the honey chicken was terrific!

I would probably browse the menu's; whoever doesn't have a children's menu will probably have less of a family feel.

Crow
05-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I think by saying "less family oriented" means....more adult like. Not everybody that goes to Disney has children or wants to bring theirs along. I find that Epcot is your best bet. The cuisine is more exotic and most kids won't venture down the exotic route. I would eat later in the evening. Kids tend to wanna eat around 5 and tucker out by 8.
im trying early dinners. late lunches are good too.

id go with that. ive never gone w kids...parents, wives,friends and solo
i tend to avoid Biergarten, character meals....
my first character meal is next wk at AKershus.
i eat most at Epcot. the lounge in Japan
Nine Dragons.
Les Chefs.
Marrakesh
those might b better bets.
Artist Pt is great but 2 ts.

Natazu
05-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm thinkin' Grand Floridian Café.

ElenitaB
05-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I think that snifflesmcg and Tinkerbellfan are on to something! Having a later ADR is the key to there being less children in the dining room. With that in mind, you could enjoy a longer, definitely quieter dinner, and that the beauty of some of the venues can be more fully appreciated in a quieter atmosphere. Just my two cents...

Though we haven't been lately, my DS was the only child in the restaurant when we ate at Artist Point a few years ago.

Jared
05-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I think that snifflesmcg and Tinkerbellfan are on to something! Having a later ADR is the key to there being less children in the dining room. With that in mind, you could enjoy a longer, definitely quieter dinner, and that the beauty of some of the venues can be more fully appreciated in a quieter atmosphere. Just my two cents...

Though we haven't been lately, my DS was the only child in the restaurant when we ate at Artist Point a few years ago.
I second this post. Most families eat dinner early. The restaurants are quieter and calmer later in the evening. Try some of the exotic World Showcase restaurants near park closing.

:)

illini
05-27-2007, 10:08 PM
The later dining makes sense, BUT as I thought about it I got to wondering.

There will surely be fewer kids, but since it's well past their regular dinner time and often their bedtime, those who are there may be more out of control (in general, not all of them) and unruly. My kids are generally quite well behaved in restaurants, but I suspect if we tried eating at 9pm after a long day/week in the park, it wouldn't be pretty.

You're going to find the vast majority of WDW restaurants are very family friendly.

kathymk616
05-28-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree with the posters who have emphasized trying Epcot, especially later in the evening. I always love Les Chefs de France, and have rarely seen small children in there. It has a more adult ambience. (I have seen well-behaved teenagers there more frequently.)

iceicebritney
05-28-2007, 09:47 PM
if your looking for children-free restaurants, many of the countries regular restaurants are great after 8pm. thats what my fiance and i do, we dont like eating during "family time" so we wait until late in the evening to eat dinner. canada is really nice for a romantic dinner... we have ressies at 9 for dinner and just eat a late lunch

iceicebritney
05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
sorry for the second post - but most saine familes dont do the countries with their kids because they dont have much to offer at the restaurants for them. we never take any of the small kids to the countries, because there just not willing to try new things yet - still stuck on their basics

ElenitaB
05-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I've actually gotten my son to try new things when we're at Disney (or on the DCL), more so than at home. But then again, he never really was one to eat just burgers/fries or just mac & cheese. I guess the mileage varies with each kid...

SBETigg
05-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm thinkin' Grand Floridian Café.

Oh come on. I was looking for the official Jym's Top Seven Less Family-Oriented Restaurants and all I get is Grand Floridian Cafe? ;)

Natazu
06-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Oh come on. I was looking for the official Jym's Top Seven Less Family-Oriented Restaurants and all I get is Grand Floridian Cafe? ;)
Ya know, I thought about it but I couldn't come up with seven. :secret: