PDA

View Full Version : Booking room only at first; then adding tickets,etc.

cajunbaby1
05-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Booked room only just in case partners ex doesn't let the kids come for the summer. We plan on going regradless. Has anyone had trouble going back and adding on say dining plan and tickets,etc down the road??

mook3y
05-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Up until the 45 day (I think, if not very close to that) you can change your ressie as much as you want for no fee's. They just put your deposit toward it.

One thought tho...

If you add tickets on now, you lock in current prices. Then, you can always drop off any tickets not needed and retain your price.

TheDuckRocks
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
I could be wrong on this but if I am someone will be along to correct me.
If you now have room only reservations they are now held by Central Reservations with one nights deposit made to hold the room. This amount is refundable up until 5 days before check-in, after that you would lose the deposit. The balance is not due until check-in.
If you want to change your reservation to a package (tickets, dining plan, ect.) just call them back and request it. At that point Disney Travel takes over the reservation and they most often apply the deposit you have already made to the package price. If you are over 45 days from check-in date you would need to pay the balance of the $200.00 (I think that's the amount) package deposit. If the date is less than 45 days they would have you pay for the complete price of the package and they will inform you of the change in cancellation fees.

MNNHFLTX
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
You are exactly right, Kay--a room-only reservation can be changed at any time to a package plan, including adding the dining option. And you don't even have to make a full committment to park tickets for the time period you are there--to qualify for the dining plan you only need to purchase a one-day park hopper pass for each person in your party, then you can upgrade to however many days you want later, once you've decided. That is what we are doing for our trip in June. :)

cajunbaby1
05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey thanks for the info.
I can't wait to go; it's like I've antsy feet. I'm so in a need of a vacation and a cocktail!!!:marg: :mickey:

vamaggie
05-25-2007, 10:45 AM
One other thought is to work with Magical Journeys. They can help you figure out what you need and when to do it. We had room only ressies and then decided to change to package. Debbie was really nice and helpful.

Jeri Lynn
05-25-2007, 05:40 PM
I would definately let Magical Journey's do the work for you!! They are wonderful and come highly recommended by many people on this board!:mickey: