PDA

View Full Version : MYW ticket for more than 10 days??

Mickey26
05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
We are stumped!!!
We are going to be in Disney for 12 days and went to buy our tickets today and were told they only sell MYW tickets for 10 days. The ticket agent told us that if we wanted a pass for more than 10 days, we would have to buy an Annual Pass. Is that right??? There is quite a price difference between a 10 day MYW ticket and an AP. Any other advice????
Thanks a lot!!!! :mickey:

DizneyRox
05-21-2007, 05:52 AM
You can get a 10 day ticket and then a 2 day ticket. That's $460 for the MYW ticket compared to the $462 for the AP. This is only a base ticket with park hopping.

Or, you can move to England and set up residence there. I believe they have the option to buy up to a 14 day MYW ticket.

alpro2
05-21-2007, 07:24 AM
My trips over the past several years have been for 11 days. I get the 10 day ticket park hopper plus and usually hit the water parks and/or Downtown Disney for one day.

crazeedizneefinatic
05-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Maybe 10 days would be enough. We once did a 10 day in a row PH pass. By the end of the vacation we needed a vacation! I don't know how many times you have been there but don't burn yourself out. We usually do something other than the parks on the day we get there ( a nice dinner and rest for the 1st whole day there) a day in the middle (to swim and shop) and the day we leave (I hate feeling rushed for anything). There is so much to do other than the parks. Try DTD, visiting the other resorts, relaxing at the pool. Sometimes consecutive days at the parks can be very tiring especially traveling with kids or older people. It doesn't make sense to buy a AP, relax, enjoy and take in all that is around you.

SBETigg
05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
I agree- take the ten days and use the other two for downtime. Enjoy the resort, Downtown Disney, water parks, explore other resorts. There is so much to do without heading to the park every day. Though, I know, it is hard to think about not being able to head to the park on a whim.

Mickey26
05-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the advice. We use to always get the Length of Stay pass and we would hit Magic Kingdom on the last day for lunch and a final goodbye. So, this trip, we just decided not to go to a park on the first day since we arrive in the evening, and then hit Downtown Disney on that last day for some shopping. :)
Like I said, we were use to the Length of Stay pass that was good from the day you checked in to the day you checked out, so it never mattered if we only went to the park for an hour on that first or last day. We just can't get enough of the Magic while we are there. :mickey: