PDA

View Full Version : Just back from WL any questions

Catzle
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Just got back very early this morning. What a great trip we had and no rain. Even though my sister in law said it poured where they were we never got a drop.
We stayed in the WL studio room 1503. The room was good we liked having the microwave and toaster and larger refrig. Didn't like the no towel and cleaning service though. They came on Tuesday and emptied the trash and dropped off a few more towels but that was it. The room was a little small for 4. The pull out sofa wasn't good for my husband he said it hurt, but it's good for kids. We didn't have a view except for the tree and bushes. WL transportation was great! Buses were great and the boat to MK was great. Couldn't have been happier with the transportation.
We thought roaring forks was way too small for that size resort. There was always a line and it was slow moving to get your order and pay for it. The iceream from the machine was great though. We enjoyed the pools and the hot tubs. The geiser didn't work until Thursday but it was great to see once it did work. We enjoyed our stay very much and we had such a great trip with great memories.
We didn't win anything nor did we see any being given out. We were there for 8 days, parks both early morning and late night and never saw anything. We did see a few people walking around with fast passes and maybe only 1 or two with the ear hats and laynards. We liked the lodge and thought it was a great place to be. Now we have to wait another year to go back!

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Glad you asked for questions!

For our next trip we're trying to decide between the WL and the Poly. Our last trip was at the GF. We have preschoolers, so we're worried that only having the boat at the WL will be difficult with a stroller. Do you recall seeing strollers on the boat?
Did you see any characters at the WL? I notice they don't have any character meals.
What was the ambiance like? Lively? Quiet?

Catzle
05-29-2007, 12:01 PM
We had a stroller for our trip. On the boat if it wasn't really crowded you didn't even have to fold it up you were allowed to wheel it right on. If it was packed you had to fold it up. The boats were great and the transportation at the WL was great! We like the WL and thought it was a good place to stay and would do it again if we couldn't afford the Poly. The only thing we didn't like was the beach wasn't connected to the pool area like at the Poly but not really a big deal. The atmosphere at the WL was great, they have the geiser and waterfalls and views it was really nice.

Nicki'sMom
05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I cant wait until September:mickey: My question is did you see any WL refillable mugs when you were there or was it YOAMD mugs? I was looking forward to a WL mug.

Catzle
05-29-2007, 10:23 PM
No, all they had were the YOAMD mugs. I saw people using the old ones but they were not for sale while I was there.

Spaceship Tigger
05-30-2007, 07:12 AM
No, all they had were the YOAMD mugs. I saw people using the old ones but they were not for sale while I was there.

I'm not happy at all about the switch to the generic mugs. I don't care about it having the year on it, I'd rather have the resort logo.

Did they make any changes/improvements to the pool area since the big pool rehab?

Catzle
05-30-2007, 08:50 AM
This was our first time staying there so I wouldn't be sure if there were any changes or not. The geiser didn't work until the Thursday before we left, I heard it was done for about a month so I guess we were lucky they got it working before we left. We liked the quiet pool as much as the pool with the slide. Both were great!

angedeaile
05-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I have heard with WL, they share buses with FW. Is that true?

Were the buses and boat crowded often or was it okay?

How long did you have to wait for a bus and how many stops did it make?

I am all about using Disney transportation...so I use that as a factor when picking my resort.

Catzle
05-30-2007, 05:43 PM
This was the second week of May so I'm not sure when you are going to compare transportation. We found the boat great! It was relaxing and never crowded where you felt jammed in. The boats either went directly to MK or they would go over to FW and than to MK. Either way it was fine. You could always tell where they were going depending on which way the front of the boat was pointed. The buses were kinda the same way sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't stop at FW. I think it was certain times of the day that the routes kinda changed. We thought the transportation was top notch and beside not having the monorail, we thought it was great.