PDA

View Full Version : Essentials to pack for family w kids ages 5, 2, and 6 months

2Princesses4Us
05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
We are going on a cruise in July... our first ever.
What kinds of things do I need to pack that I might not think of before we're actually onboard?

Any tips and advice would really be appreciated!
THANKS
:)

Tavel
05-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Our boys were 3 and 5 during their first cruise last year. Be sure to pick up little distractions like bubbles for the sail-away party, glow necklaces for the pirates party at night (you can get these at your local dollar store), new pails/shovels for the beach (cheaper than on the island). Bring sippy cups if the little ones aren't ready for straws. And lots of snacks, of course -- the guys loved having a candy necklace while waiting for a show.

Be sure to pick up pillowcases and photo mats (with markers) to be dropped off for the characters to sign if they are still doing that. Also, my oldest loved having his "own" camera, so I picked up a couple of disposable ones. You should also pick up a waterproof one for water picks. Have fun!

TammiMcMan
05-20-2007, 10:33 PM
There's actually a sticky thread called "pre cruise planning" right at the top of this forum. It probably has all the information you're looking for.

honeybear
05-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Sun Screen, Sun Lotion! If you can find it, Waterprood Sun Screen/Lotion!

disneydeb
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Ships have VERY limited electrical outlet space, so on my next cruise I'm bringing a power strip

FatCat
05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
We actually did a grocery stop and bought juice boxes.

We found that they were useful to have on the excursions and in the room. It was a pain to run all the way up to deck 9 to get a quick drink.

The other thing we did at lunch and breakfast was to carry the mini cartons of milk to our room. This way they were all set to go in our cooling boxes for later use.

We brought cheap postcards so we could buy the 55 cent castaway cay stamps and mail ourselves and family letters. (Hint: You should get 2 or 3 postcards in your stateroom. Now that I am typing this I wonder if I asked my stateroom hostess for more cards if I could have gotten some.)

Zip Lock plastic bags in general are your friends. We also found a night light to be useful.

At our grocery stop we bought the cheap buckets and pails for castaway cay. They became disposable.

And of course the most important. Pirate WEAR.