PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip without kids?

angedeaile
05-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I recently found out that my little brother will not be coming on my trip, so it will be just two adults now. My boyfriend and myself.

After I planned the whole trip to entertain mainly my DB (9yrs), since I felt more joy out of seeing him having fun, I realized I have to re-do my whole plan. From our adrs to what attractions to ride.

The plus side to all of this is, I have more money, since I won’t be paying for him also. So, we can afford to stay somewhere nicer like a deluxe and do more like go to Pleasure Island.

However, I still can't get over that disappointment that I won't have a kid with me. There is nothing like that joy a kid gets at DW. I love experiencing that through him.

ANYWHO, now to get to the point of this thread…

Sell me on how much MORE fun it is for an adult trip to DW?

For those who have gone on Kid-Free DW trips, what things did you do to have fun? I would figure all the same things that you would with a kid, but anything that is more fun with just your significant other than with the kiddies?

vamaggie
05-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Never done it but my wish list would be:
1) long, romantic, leisurely dinners at places that are less family oriented
2) riding all the rides I want at my own pace (kinda fast & crazy)
2) Staying up/out late and/or lounging in for a day

I'm sure your and BF will have a great time. Nourish your own "inner child" and see WDW through her eyes!!!! ENJOY!

snifflesmcg
05-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Sell me on how much MORE fun it is for an adult trip to DW?

The list could go on and on. I went in 2005 with 13 people ranging from 2-51. Among...3 kids 2, 11, 12 (that were friends of mine). All I heard the whole trip was "Can I have that toy" "I'm hungry" "I need to go to the bathroom" "I wanna drink" " I'm hot" "I don't like this food" " I don't like that ride" "I wanna go on THAT ride". When I went in 2006, what a difference. It was just boyfriend and I and we did whatever WE wanted. We did Pleasure Island, ate at places that were tailored toward more adults and didn't have to eat every meal Character dining, stayed up late and we actually were able to see more show and do ALOT more things because there wasn't all this protest from kids going on. Trust me, you'll have a blast!

PrincessCathy
05-20-2007, 08:00 PM
I've been to WDW with DH (just us) twice now. Our next trip alone will be Nov. 2009. We usually go during the food and wine festival and enjoy the special happenings. The nice thing about the parks is that we can pick and choose the rides and entertainment we want to see. We can also go and come as we please.

Aside from the parks there are lots of things to do. Last time we went horseback riding. We also spent time at PI and played miniature golf. The next time we go we want to go parasailing, use some of the other watercraft, maybe go to a spa, more PI, and enjoy the Boardwalk to name a few. The difference between going with family and just the two of us going is that we spend more time doing things other than the parks and the time we spend at the parks is much more selective. I really enjoy adult time at WDW.

LoriMistress
05-20-2007, 08:37 PM
This will be DH and myself second trip to WDW!!! We don't have kids (by choice), and we make sure that we have a wonderful time. Personally, I would make ADRs for certain restraunants, see a show of Cirque De Selio (sp?), and going to PI and have some fun. I would suggest making several romantic dinner reservations and maybe take a cruise or a pay to see a show.

cperry92380
05-21-2007, 09:44 AM
DH and I have been once by ourselves, going back again @ beginning of the year. Its very nice to be able to go at your own pace and do things that really interest you. We eat in more 'adult' restaurants, not specifically geared toward kids (character meals).
You'll enjoy being able to sit back and soak it all up. Relax. Enjoy!:cloud9: