PDA

View Full Version : rate season

alicia524luvstw
05-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Just got back last week from a great trip & of course I'm trying to plan another. I am thinking of going Dec 27 thru Jan 4. I've noticed that the beginning of my trip would be holiday rates (ouch) then the rates change on the 1st to value. Will I be charged for holiday then value? Or do I have to pay holiday rates straight through?

KylesMom
05-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Unfortunately you'll be charged the rate for your entire stay based upon what "season" it is at check-in. In this case, you'd be paying holiday season for the duration of your stay.

You could book two separate reservations, one for 12/27-31 and the second for 1/1-4, but any savings may be negated based on the ticket plan you have if you were going to buy a package (were you considering the dining plan?). If you just book a room-only ressie and purchase your park tickets separately, this is one way around your predicament. There is one other caveat - you are not guaranteed the same room. You would need to check back in the morning of your second reservation, and there is a possibility you'd have to change rooms.

We've done this before, actually staying at a Value resort for a night during Holiday season, and then moving to better accommodations when the rate season changes. Good luck!:mickey:

Harriet
05-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I had this problem last year during the Thanksgiving Holiday. My trip started in Regular season and ended in Value. I stayed 2 nights at a value resort and then moved to a deluxe. A lot of people don't realize that this happens they think the rate changes automatic. Where Disney is concern you need to read all the very fine print and that is why I use MJ they take all the guess work out and inform you and make suggestion to cut your expense.

alicia524luvstw
05-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the help. I'm going to push my trip up to the 29 of Dec and stay thru Jan 6. I don't want a room only resse as we wanted the dining plan. I think I will use MJ. I've always booked my own trips, but this looks like a job for them