PDA

View Full Version : Milk question

trapper
05-19-2007, 04:08 PM
HI everyone, My sister is traveling to WDW and staying at POR. She has a 2 1/2 yr old with her.do you know if they sell milk in half or whole gallons that she would be able to keep in the room? thank you:mickey Also did any one ever use Garden Grocer and what are your thoughts? Would you pack an extra suitcase with groceries and check it with your luggage? Or send a box down via ups or regular mail? Thanks again!

faline
05-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I have not personally used Garden Grocers but I've heard great things about them.

There are spots where you can buy milk on site.

I wouldn't put any perishables in checked luggage. Also, you'd need to be careful that you did not exceed the airline's weight limit or it will cost you extra.

wdw_bound
05-19-2007, 11:40 PM
I don't recall larger containers of milk for sale at the POR gift shop, but it has been 18 mos since we were there. It is available in 1/2 gallons at WL mercantile and I believe any other DVC resort. It's more than from a supermarket, but I don't recall being too shocked at the price. I've not used garden grocer since we drive down and stop off at SuperTarget immediately after check in, but I'd say it would have to be garden grocer or the shops that cater to DVC guests as the two best options.