PDA

View Full Version : Red Space Suit Magic no longer tradeable starting Monday!

LittleDragonErin
05-19-2007, 12:19 AM
They've added to the newsletter section a notice that the magic pin won't be tradeable any longer starting Monday, May 21st. O_O

Chescat
05-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Let see, so I envision lots of fast trades going on and people messing each other over before Monday. Then codes being traded on discussion boards which was suppose to be a no no because of scams. This is not right. :mad:

What would have made more sense was in the newsletter when this was originally announced, should have said this item will not be tradeable so the rules were set up from the start. :cool:

Blue Genie
05-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Does this mean that I can't give Ice the red space outfit?:confused:

LittleDragonErin
05-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Does this mean that I can't give Ice the red space outfit?:confused:

Not after Monday you can't. :(

Blue Genie
05-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Just great cause I don't want it but I will not be at Disneyland until the 26th of May.:mad:

Chescat
05-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Genie, its okay, you just send Ice the code when you get back in a PM (remember that's what I did with the Tron games). :thumbsup:

Blue Genie
05-19-2007, 02:39 AM
I forgot about that. The funny thing is though I don't no none of the answers to the quest.

Chescat
05-19-2007, 02:46 AM
I forgot about that. The funny thing is though I don't no none of the answers to the quest.
That why I'm going to see you there. ;)

varcity
05-19-2007, 11:18 AM
trade threads are already covered in "trading red space" threads. Kinda difficult to keep mine up. doesn't help that it's all worthless :thumbsup:

Well, looks like code trades from now on. could be a dangerous place, VMK. What is the purpose of making it non-tradeable anyways

JPL
05-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Why does VMK constantly ask for problems:confused:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-20-2007, 12:30 AM
What?! That's a really dumbo thing. How are people who don't go to the park going to get this pin? I'm imagining the value of the pin will increase by a hundred because so many people want it. :(

LittleDragonErin
05-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Looks like it's an out of game decision as well. Several staff members I asked about it, didn't even know until I pointed it out to them. O_o

Chescat
05-20-2007, 01:40 AM
I think the sad part is, when we first started playing VMK, it was all about magic. We could get the kellogg's pins, invisible from playing pirates (or going to park or top ten), fireworks (for 2nd place). The trend now seems to be to make magic limited to short time, expensive or extremely hard to get. :cool:

wizardmickey
05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Well doesn't this just stink like day old fish!
Genie: (or anyone else who might see this)
I'll try to be on for a few minute Sunday afternoon or night... maybe later too. My flight home leaves around 8-ish, so I need to be at the airport probably 7-ish, and I should be back home by 10-10:30.
Why-Oh-Why-Oh-Why do these things always happen when I ain't around?

JPL
05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
For us the not tradeable isn't a big deal amongst ourselves since we always trade codes to begin with. It makes the trade value to others a nightmare. Who wants to deal with trading codes to people you don't know and risk being taken for a ride. This sets up so many problems for VMK I can't even begin ot think of the scenarios. First and foremost it goes against their values and also sets up lots of sales on Ebay so people can get the magic.

varcity
05-20-2007, 04:58 PM
For us the not tradeable isn't a big deal amongst ourselves since we always trade codes to begin with. It makes the trade value to others a nightmare. Who wants to deal with trading codes to people you don't know and risk being taken for a ride. This sets up so many problems for VMK I can't even begin ot think of the scenarios. First and foremost it goes against their values and also sets up lots of sales on Ebay so people can get the magic.

That's why Cita is my go to girl in times of trade needs. Also, even with Ebay removing the no virtual sales from it's site, the card is still able to be sold. I think I will open a business.. :mickey:

Chescat
05-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Ice, I didn't see your message until after you crashed. Arg! Would have gone ahead and traded you mine. No worries Ice, well see you in your red Space Suit soon enough. :thumbsup:

RicksCafe
05-21-2007, 12:43 PM
A special, generous someone gifted me the Red Space Suit Magic Pin before the deadline. Whew!! Boo to non-tradeable.

I wish they made a Red Faced Magic Pin. Cause I'd be using that all the time!

Ricks (who would use the Red Space Suit Magic more often, but it reveals his hair)

jjramsey
05-21-2007, 12:51 PM
...Also, even with Ebay removing the no virtual sales from it's site, the card is still able to be sold.

What is this about Ebay?

I thought they outlawed Ebay sales.

It seems that on one hand they say no selling, then they make it so items are virtually (no pun intended) impossible for most VMKers to get when not at parks, so they almost force them to buy, at outrageous prices, on Ebay :shake:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Ah, well that settles it. Monday's today, so I guess everyone who didn't type the code in yet can't get their Space Suit unless they go to DLR. Which by the way.. anyone read Yavn Speaks yet? :mad:

Chescat
05-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Has anybody tried using their red space suit magic to get to the Inner Space shop?? I know Ice was saying he's never been there. Does that mean he can now? :confused:

Is this why they made it not tradeable? So its like the other regular space suit magic from Tomorrowland Quest. I'm confused now. :confused:

chrisb26
05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
I just tried it and yes it works just like the blue space suit so Ice you can now go to the inner space shop!

Marla
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Hi Cat! Well, chris26 beat me to your question. And yes you can enter the Sapce Shop with the red suit. Here's my question, the back of the card says; "What's it For? Flights of fancy. Lets you magically hover wherever you want." I do not appear to be hovering? Unless, I'm in space?:confused::tink:

WDWfanatic742
05-31-2007, 03:11 PM
That's the point. You can't hover on Earth because there is gravity and you wouldn't be wearing a space suit on here anyway. Up in space, you need to wear a space suit to breath and other things, which makes you hover because there is no gravity in space...