PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought tickets for Seaworld from OrlandoThemeParkVacations.com?

BriarRose
05-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone has bought tickets from OrlandoThemeParkVacations.com. We are planning to go to Seaworld while we are in Florida and found them through Google. If you did, did you have a good experience or are they scam artists. They are selling tickets for $25.00.

Ian
05-19-2007, 07:44 AM
I can't speak for them, but I can tell you that Official Ticket Center (http://officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC) is very reputable and, in addition, they're a site sponsor here at INTERCOT which means we should all do our best to support them whenever we can (assuming you want INTERCOT to stay in business, that is ;) ).

I can virtually guarantee you that no reputable company can sell Sea World tickets for $25 with no catch. I think they normally go for close to three times that much.

JPL
05-19-2007, 04:35 PM
I have to agree the Official Ticket is the way to go. :mickey:

Rockstar Boyfriends
05-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Throughout Orlando (and particularly in tourist hot spots), you'll see booths advertising theme park tickets for 2 for $25 or some low price. Usually, to get the tickets at these prices, you have to sit through a high-pressure timeshare sales presentation. You usually get free breakfast and the presentation. It generally takes about 90-120 minutes out of your morning. Some people will do it to get the cheap tickets. IMHO, it's not worth the time or trouble to sit through these presentations for the tickets.

I did look at the website OrlandoThemeParkVacations.com. It does smell like a timeshare come-on. You need to decide if it is worh your time to do the presentation in exchange for the tickets.

Also, you may also see some locations around Orlando that are selling unused days on WDW tickets. These tend to be rip-offs and scams, as there is no way of telling how many days are unused on the tickets unless WDW scans it at Guest Services or at the turnsiles. Unfortunately, most of these places are fly-by-night companies and their offices look like it too. Most of them look like they were put together with spit and duct tape! If you buy these tickets and they turn out worthless, WDW and any other theme parks in Orlando will be unable to refund your money.

The best bet is to buy tickets from legitimate sources. Usually, legit places will sell discount tickets a few dollars off the full price. The Official Ticket Center on this site is good. Also try AAA or Ticketmania.

BriarRose
05-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks everyone who responded. I had a bad feeling about them anyway.

We're only going for 8 days because my husband just got a new job and can't miss anymore work than that for now. I want those eight days to be fun, not sitting through a presentation, especially coming from Oregon. It takes long enough to fly there as it is!

Thanks again!