PDA

View Full Version : us airways vs air tran from and to pittsburgh

em-n-mia's-mommy
05-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi! I am hoping i made agood decision. I usually book our flights with us airways with a one way flight down and back. For this upcoming trip i book airtran because they were cheaper and times were more convenient. Now which has better service? Anyone had any problems with either? Any other advice would be great. I just want to rest assured that i made a good decision since i have never used air tran.

disneymom07
05-19-2007, 05:45 AM
We flew AirTran from Pittsburgh to MCO in April. We didn't have any problems at all, although we did have the seats that we could pick as soon as we bought them (we got our tickets late). On the return trip, there was a family or two that was trying to switch their seats around so they could sit together. My suggestion would be to try to do your online check in at the 24 hour mark to assure seats together. Our plane even landed 15 minutes early at MCO.:mickey:

Checkers
05-19-2007, 08:36 AM
We have flown both USAir & AirTran and both flights were satisfactory. We prefer to fly out of Harrisburg but AirTran no longer flies direct from HIA so we drive to Baltimore to get a direct flight. It is almost impossible to get a direct flight to Orlando on USAir, even Baltimore. Last time we flew with USAir out of HIA (rt) it took us a day down and a day back thus eliminating 2 days of our vacation. Don't be concerned about AirTran, I would do the 24 hr. checkin online as suggested. Have a great trip!:mickey:

FastNick
05-19-2007, 08:43 AM
We flew Airtran from PIT to MCO on May 5th. The staff was great, we took off on time, and arrived in Orlando 20 minutes early. Airtran also has free XM radio to listen to while you are flying. I highly recommend Airtan!

mudpuppysmom
05-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I've flown on both Airtran and US Airways as well as SWA and Continental from PIT to MCO and in my opinion they are all about the same.....same planes, same service, so you get there the same way. I will say that as for loading and unloading I prefer SW though. Our flight the other night was held up waiting for a flight crew and once they showed up and we boarded we were out on the runway within five minutes -- it was THAT quick! We got in, stuffed our bags in the overhead bin and buckled up and we were off. The flight crew thanked everyone on board for being so efficient in our loading......it was 9:45 pm so everyone was pretty anxious after waiting in line at the gate for nearly an hour! Even though we took off almost an hour late, we arrived at PIT about 35 minutes late, not the full hour and the plane unloaded pretty quickly too......by the time I got to bag claim my DH had already snatched up the bags and we were out the door -- no waiting for the bags (which is something that is normal with SW).

So -- since they all get you there the same way and they all have virtually the same customer service (in my opinion) -- I have no favorite -- You'll be fine with Airtran or US Air, but with kids -- I would always take a direct flight, never a connecting one!!